slow wake up response

valleyboy22

Jan 3, 2015
Visit site
hi all,

My S7 Edge seems to be really slow sometime when i try and wake it up to unlock it? Anyone ad these issues and if so how did you fix them? Seen somewhere that it might be an sd card issue but i have a samsung class 10 evo in it which i thought was fast?

Thanks

chanchan05

Q&A Team
Nov 22, 2014
Visit site
Can you recommend one please? And do you think this could be the cause?
If you have moved a lot of apps that have background processes to SD card, or your apps are accessing data on SD yes. Simple test is simply unmount the SD card, and see if waking up becomes faster.

Well Samsung EVO has UHS1 and that's the best choice for Samsung phones actually. I use a Sandisk UHS1 on my Tab and it's fine too.

anon(9408097)

Apr 14, 2015
Visit site
hi all,

My S7 Edge seems to be really slow sometime when i try and wake it up to unlock it? Anyone ad these issues and if so how did you fix them? Seen somewhere that it might be an sd card issue but i have a samsung class 10 evo in it which i thought was fast?

Thanks

How slow are we talking about?

valleyboy22

Jan 3, 2015
Visit site
Press home button to wake it or power on button and you looking sometime 2 seconds response. Dont do it all the time so wondering if it's the sd card I got in it?

BBSeattle

Sep 9, 2010
Visit site
I had some stutter and some delay that I thought was unusual for a top of the line phone. I was late getting the S7 Edge so there was an update waiting when I got it. Did not do a factory data reset at the time, I should have. Used the phone for a few weeks but it did not improve.
Finally bit the bullet and did a factory data reset....man, what a difference! Flies like it should.

sparksd

Aug 20, 2010
Visit site
The EVO+ should be plenty fast for your phone - I have used 128GB versions of it without a problem. If Possible, backup the contents to a PC, reformat it, and fill it piecemeal, trying it out - corrupted files can cause issues with Android's media scanner process, slowing a device down.

sparksd

Aug 20, 2010
Visit site
Contents of card Yeah? Piecemeal?

The SD card that you think is a problem - save the files on it to a PC and reformat it and try it. Piecemeal - put a few files back on it, try it out, if no problem then put a few more files back on it and try it out. The idea is to see if there is a file (or files) that is causing a problem. Also, try the card with no files on it - an empty card should not affect performance.

Members online

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
fancyfranci