Screen Replacement Query.

bandofbrothers2112

Trusted Member
May 30, 2016
Visit site
Hi,

I'm in the Uk.

The screen on my Samsung Galaxy s7 edge is being replaced due to the known issue of a pink vertical line.

I purchased this from a Samsung Experience Store which is at the moment owned by Carphone Warehouse.

They have approved engineers in house who are carrying out the work under the 24 Month Manufacturing Warranty. I bought the phone in September 16.

My query is -> Would the IP68 dust- and water-resistance Ingress Protection rating be compromised ?

gavo360

Feb 4, 2013
Visit site
Hi,

I'm in the Uk.

The screen on my Samsung Galaxy s7 edge is being replaced due to the known issue of a pink vertical line.

I purchased this from a Samsung Experience Store which is at the moment owned by Carphone Warehouse.

They have approved engineers in house who are carrying out the work under the 24 Month Manufacturing Warranty. I bought the phone in September 16.

My query is -> Would the IP68 dust- and water-resistance Ingress Protection rating be compromised ?

Same issue with my s7. Took it to the samsung repair centre in sheffield on friday, they say it will be ready in 2-4 working days.

bandofbrothers2112

Trusted Member
May 30, 2016
Visit site
Same issue with my s7. Took it to the samsung repair centre in sheffield on friday, they say it will be ready in 2-4 working days.

Yes I was told mine should be done by Wednesday.

Using the *#o# and choosing the different colour resets didn't help or the various Pixel fixing apps.

Pushing on the top part near the front facing camera made it go for a short while but then came back. From what I can tell from past discussions it's something to do with the connection there from the screen to phone.

The guys at the Samsung Experience Store which are actually Carphone Warehouse but badged up as Samsung told me that on 1/3/17 Samsung are buying out Cpw Samsung Experience Stores with a 50/50 ownership.

I hope yours is resolved by the screen Swap too @gavo360

bandofbrothers2112

Trusted Member
May 30, 2016
Visit site
Do you know what caused that pink line?

I came across a YouTube video of a person who appears to be a phone engineer who had unhinged the screen away from the phones chassis which showed what happened when he touched where the connection between screen and phone was made.

It seems a weak point to my untrained eye.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DragnDon