Verizon Nougat?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Almeuit

Moderator Team Leader
Apr 17, 2012
Visit site
Unlocked phones can be last because carriers are sometimes better at getting testing and other resources lined up and paid for than an OEM.

This. Unlocked phones aren't guaranteed anything faster so it can happen.

drusum

Apr 10, 2015
Visit site
Because they're the most popular with the most users. There's no need to rush out updates because they think we aren't going anywhere.

LineKill

Dec 24, 2011
Visit site
Because they're the most popular with the most users. There's no need to rush out updates because they think we aren't going anywhere.
Well, they are wrong. I know of quite a few people who have left Verizon recently for that exact reason.

LineKill

Dec 24, 2011
Visit site
My proposal: We all get together and setup and exact time to call Verizon C/S with the "Where is my Nougat!" question. It won't work with just a couple of people, but if they have a couple hundred people on hold with "Where is my Nougat!" it could possibly make an impact on them regarding future updates.

LineKill

Dec 24, 2011
Visit site
I recently swapped to Verizon. Been loving it .. I have a Pixel XL though so updates aren't an issue.
Unfortunately the Pixel is the only exception to the rule regarding their update policies. Verizon has a great network. They are just a little lacking when it comes to updates.

Almeuit

Moderator Team Leader
Apr 17, 2012
Visit site
Unfortunately the Pixel is the only exception to the rule regarding their update policies. Verizon has a great network. They are just a little lacking when it comes to updates.
Agreed. I just swapped to them from T-Mobile.. while I don't get the insane speed of T-Mobile (in certain areas) my connection has been very consistent.

drusum

Apr 10, 2015
Visit site
Well, they are wrong. I know of quite a few people who have left Verizon recently for that exact reason.

It's an annoyance that's for sure. Not to mention all the bloatware they'll add to the update. I'm a little more positive we'll have the update by the end of March now that Sprint got theirs. I actually didn't expect it until May.

Dr Claw

Mar 17, 2015
Visit site
and as shown elsewhere, Verizon is surely going to mess up the new Settings screen just like they did in the Note 7. They really need to give up the whole "all Galaxy Phones need to be the same" thing.

Btravelen

Sep 3, 2013
Visit site
It doesn't seem that Verizon would need more time to 'evaluate' the update before releasing it.. Unless it's just not a priority for them to do so.. I would think that their staff and resources would match or exceed others. Apparently they're on their own timeline for plan changes (Unlimited data), and updates, etc...

jazz70

Mar 18, 2016
Visit site
It doesn't seem that Verizon would need more time to 'evaluate' the update before releasing it.. Unless it's just not a priority for them to do so.. I would think that their staff and resources would match or exceed others. Apparently they're on their own timeline for plan changes (Unlimited data), and updates, etc...

Not getting any patch of any kind for the s7e since November 2016 should give us all a pretty good idea how much of a priority the s7e is at Verizon

The S8 will probably be my last rodeo with Verizon, if the Pixel II has IP68 and wireless charging Project Fi here I come

Last edited:

WalkingHorse

Jan 18, 2011
Visit site
Huh. I have the December security patch on VZW. Seems odd that others are stuck on October. I did not participate in the Nougat beta. Perhaps that has something to do with it?

Status
Not open for further replies.