Transferring data from Micro SD to OTG USB via Edge 7 Nougat

Benson007

Feb 20, 2017
Visit site
I'm about to embark on a cycling trip and need to transfer data from my video camera to a portable USB drive each day.

I'm travelling light so won't be taking a laptop. My plan was to take the micro-sd card out of my camera, put it in my phone, connect a USB drive to my phone via OTG and transfer the content.

Good idea in theory but I'm running into permissions issues when trying to transfer data. I'm reading that I may need to root my pen to be able to do this, can anyone confirm this is still the case please?

Thanks in advance

SamCarterX302

Sep 8, 2014
Visit site
What kind of permissions issues? What messages are you seeing?
Are you using Samsung's default file manager? (My Files)

I just tried transferring a random files from my SD card to a random flash drive + OTG. It worked fine for me.

Toes Up

Oct 15, 2013
Visit site
In order to transfer video from my phone to the computer via USB I have to to to Settings>Developer Options>USB configuration>MTP(Media Transfer Protocol). There may be an easier way, but I'm not aware of it (of course, you can transfer wirelessly to Google Drive, etc.).

Benson007

Feb 20, 2017
Visit site
What kind of permissions issues? What messages are you seeing?
Are you using Samsung's default file manager? (My Files)

I just tried transferring a random files from my SD card to a random flash drive + OTG. It worked fine for me.

You're absolutely right! I was using a third party Synology file manager app, when I use the default file manager app it worked fine. Thank you :)

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Non