battery life bad after nougat update s7 edge

Atiq746

Dec 11, 2016
Visit site
So i was on marshmallow and i was getting around 30 hours usage with around 6 hours screen time.
After i updated to nougat i barely get a day and only 4 to 5 hours screen time.
Why battery bad aftee nougat update. Already on power save mode and already wiped cache.

Est_XCIV

Aug 25, 2015
Visit site
For me it seems as if standby time is good, but when actually using the phone, battery drops faster than when I had Marshmellow

ThrottleJohnny

Trusted Member
Apr 1, 2014
Visit site
It's a new OS. Some apps may be draining your battery because they haven't been updated yet. With every update I always clean out old apps I'm not using, disable apps I'm not using, and start fresh.

coxie84

Feb 24, 2017
Visit site
I'm having the same issue on three UK - battery was dropping 6% over night on marshmallow - now 20% - I've done the same updated apps - wiped cache partition - removed unused old apps - run all the health checks. Google play services seems to be the culprit - I've even rolled that back and then updated it :(

panzerghost

May 14, 2013
Visit site
Sames issues here; just wiped cache and formatted. Will report back if battery improves.

Edit: about 5 hours later and battery already seems much improved. drained about 5% with minimal use. Hopefully this is a permanent fix.

Last edited:

Who884l5

Aug 10, 2016
Visit site
My battery when i first updated was getting demolished. After wiping chache partition and reseting app permission it seems to be doing allot better. Will def post again with battery stats.

coxie84

Feb 24, 2017
Visit site
I haven't tried a reset - I cleared my app permissions in case something was draining from there - I also connected the vr headset (it needed activating again and had updates). Still battery is no better and much worse than marshmallow - really trying to avoid a full reset :(

panzerghost

May 14, 2013
Visit site
Quick update to my post 3 days ago. Battery life seems to be abysmal once again. I just lost 16% in 8 hours of the phone being completely idle.

anon(835682)

Jun 29, 2012
Visit site
Ive been on the update for about 4 or 5 days. The battery life has been awful. I lose 10% every hour when idle, and I make sure to stay on top of RAM management and battery management. If I wipe the cache partition, will I lose SD card data? How much does this help?

sparksd

Aug 20, 2010
Visit site
Ive been on the update for about 4 or 5 days. The battery life has been awful. I lose 10% every hour when idle, and I make sure to stay on top of RAM management and battery management. If I wipe the cache partition, will I lose SD card data? How much does this help?

You won't lose any user data with a cache partition wipe and some people have found improved battery and other performance by doing it (applies to other Android devices too, not just Samsung phones - I also do it on my Nexus 7 tablet).

moeong

May 2, 2017
Visit site
I have the same problem after going to nougat, s7 edge with 25-30% battery life suddenly shuts down with status of 0% battery. Anyone encountered this?

Tried wiping my cache already to no avail. Haven't tried resetting to factory yet. Also currently changed my charger cable since there is an exposed wiring already not sure if there is an affect here on the battery charging. So will update tomorrow if the changing of cable wiring worked.

EDIT:

Changed my cable but still after 35% of battery life it dropped to 0. Anyone has any solution here?

Last edited:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
be1digital