Help - New to Android from iOS (Black unresponsive screen and loading issues)

Liger86

Feb 16, 2017
Visit site
Hi All,

Bought an S7 Edge a week or two ago as I got fed up with Apple and wanted a change, sort of regretting it already :(, however hoping you guys can help.

I've only noticed it since yesterday (when I properly started using the phone) but I find that every now and again when I try to unlock the phone it just stays on the black screen, home button nor unlock button do anything. I've found myself having to just hold the unlock button for 10 secs or so for it to reboot, which brings me to the next issue.... once rebooted about 90% of my apps are grey and don't response for a good few mins.

Is this normal, if so I really need to consider moving back to Apple as I've never experienced this before. I really want to stick with the S7 Edge but there are things like travel tickets stored on my S7 Edge which I need to have access to immediately, without worrying that my phones going to throw a wobbler.

Thanks in advance!

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
Welcome to Android Central! Try booting into Safe Mode, which temporarily disables all 3rd party apps. https://support.t-mobile.com/docs/DOC-28008 If the problem disappears in Safe Mode, then something you installed is causing the problem. You may have to uninstall apps one by one until the problem disappears.

Also, do you have an SD card inserted, and if so, have you used the "Move to SD" option for any of those apps (in the App Manager)?

Liger86

Feb 16, 2017
Visit site
Welcome to Android Central! Try booting into Safe Mode, which temporarily disables all 3rd party apps. https://support.t-mobile.com/docs/DOC-28008 If the problem disappears in Safe Mode, then something you installed is causing the problem. You may have to uninstall apps one by one until the problem disappears.

Also, do you have an SD card inserted, and if so, have you used the "Move to SD" option for any of those apps (in the App Manager)?

Thanks for the reply, so I moved all apps back to internal memory and all issues have stopped.

Does this mean the mean the memory card is broken? Its a 128gb Samsung Evo + ?

Liger86

Feb 16, 2017
Visit site
I think I've discovered the problem. The memory card is faulty or fake one of the 2. It seems to crash or give up if more than 16GB loaded onto it. Plus the read and write speeds are less than half of what Samsung advertise. Bought a new one from My Memory, I will move all apps over again and monitor.

I will keep you posted.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
wei34