Fast charging broken after Nougat

pteezay

Sep 27, 2010
Visit site
Same issue with fast charging not working after update. Worked flawlessly for 1.5 years and all the sudden today it decides to not work. Did everything but a hard reset however it seems that doesn't solve the issue. I hope they figure out a solution soon.

Kontos

Sep 30, 2016
Visit site
I'm having issues as well. I plugged it in this afternoon around 45% and 4 hours later it's at 85%

It's been slower the last few days but today was a whole different level of slow. I did the Nougat update last month sometime though and have not downloaded any new apps since. Not sure what to do right now as I have it turned off and plugged in to see if that helps.

blueGN7

Aug 24, 2016
Visit site
My fast charge is broken since 7.0. takes hours to charge from 60-100%. in the past when pull down menu, can touch to see how long to fast charge & it was fairly accurate. maybe charged a bit faster than stated. So If it said full charge in 35 min it may actually be 33 min. Now it will say charge in 47 min & takes hours.
I use Samsung fast charger & cable that came with phone. No, my charger &/or cable did not mysteriously break the day after the 7.0 update. I also dislike the look/feel of the 7.0. Much harder to see icons, text. Edge screen contacts now all look the same, lost the different colors. Light blue tiny icons against white background. When tap a contact to make call, get TINY icons to choose between text/call, why?

Wish I never updated.

Sebastienbaro

May 11, 2017
Visit site
Try plugging it into an outlet with no other things plugged in it.. mine was not working for some reason, turned out i was plugging it in the same outlet as a lamp and that was disabling my fast charging.

Kontos

Sep 30, 2016
Visit site
Still very hit or miss with me. Sometimes I'll notice it even says it is fast charging but checking in on it after 15-20 mins it has only gone up 2%

This is getting annoying as I have to babysit it for ~5 mins after plugging in to make sure it actually is fast charging before I can leave it.

Blogg

Jul 5, 2017
Visit site
Hi guys.. have s7 here.

problems are similiar like those written above
-problem exists since nougat update
-take hours to fully recharge.
-sometimes it's written "will be fully recharged in 15 mins" but still took around 30 mins to an hour.
-sometimes it worked perfectly, full in an hour plus +-15 mins from 5 %, but mostly would start with fast charging and after that switched automatically to normal charging.
-tried to change the charger+cable too
-different wall sockets don't seem to matter at all.

fast charging could work by plug and unplug, until the "fast charging" appears and there is an increase on the battery level in 2 minutes.. but mostly this will just work for some minutes.. either it would be switched to normal charging for hours or still fast charging with broken time estimation, also would end for hours..

i brought my phone to the service centre today, and got a suggestion to reinstall the nougat once via cable at the service centre.. they guaranteed that it would be better, as they have the authentic samsung firmware..

somehow i just don't feel right about this.. any suggestions guys?

how does it go so far for all of you guys? should i even opt to downgrade?

Saftybear

Jul 6, 2017
Visit site
I have the same problem.
Fast charging does not work anymore even tough I have it toggeled.
My batterylife is drained 1% minute even tough I barely use my S6 and takes forever to load.
7.0 sucks so far...

Freespoola

Aug 30, 2017
Visit site
I have the same problem.
Fast charging does not work anymore even tough I have it toggeled.
My batterylife is drained 1% minute even tough I barely use my S6 and takes forever to load.
7.0 sucks so far...

Mine also does this but if i turn the screen brightness down below 50% it starts to work again, if the brightness is in the highest section ( the part you have to confirm first) it completly stops fast charge from working.

Maybe this is intentional ?

Ben Murti

Sep 1, 2017
Visit site
Slow charging. 6hrs to fully charged after nougat. Dam Samsung. Is this a way to get us to buy your note 8? So frustrated. I'm getting LGV30 next

Happy Unboxing

Sep 7, 2017
Visit site
I have a problem to! My samsung a3 is updatet from android 6 to 7 and now i have charging problem... phone is not charging after 84% what i cam do?
Thanks and sorry for my bad english

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coehlcke