Fast charging broken after Nougat

SurfnSun

Feb 26, 2016
Visit site
I plug it in and the fast charging turns itself off. You can't turn it on while the phone is charging. Unplug and the toggle flips back to the on position. Not happy about this at all!

Any ideas?

SurfnSun

Feb 26, 2016
Visit site
Yep still using all oem equipment. When I get home later I'll take a video of the toggle moving back and forth when I plug the phone in.

Btw it takes an eternity to change this battery on regular charge...it was near dead when I went to bed last night and calc'ed the charge at almost 8 hours lol

IAmSixNine

Jun 1, 2010
Visit site
Is the phone hot/warm when its charging over night?
If it takes that long your either not charging it with enough power or the phone is consuming to much power while its charging.

SurfnSun

Feb 26, 2016
Visit site
Fast charging is back! I don't know why. The toggle still moves over but the lock screen says fast charge.

Btw my battery life is killing it on nougat!

Bhawks_2

Aug 15, 2012
Visit site
Sometimes a factory reset will clear out any bugs after a major update. I know they are a pain, but it may help.

I've tried that. Doesn't solve the problem. Exactly the same symptoms here: last week on Android 6 the phone would charge from 0 - 100 in about 2 1/2 hours. Now it takes 4+ hours to get from 40% to full. Very annoying. Anyone have any tips?
Fast charging is enabled in the system settings for me by the way. Makes no difference

KR
Stefan

maaron101

Aug 3, 2013
Visit site
Having the same issue. Fast charging stopped working after the Nougat update. Toggle is on, I've tried multiple OEM adaptive chargers and different cables, factory reset and wiped the cache. Nada. Sam tech is useless too.

JesperKA

Mar 13, 2017
Visit site
Seeing exactly the same; SGS7 Edge on Nougat.

Extreme charge time; full 24 hours for 0 - 100% and fast charging toggles off and back on when I insert original charger and cable. Recharges so slow that when browsing while charging, the net charge is negative (drains).
Cache wipe did not solve anything.

However when full charge is reached the drain seem slightly less in Nougat :D

Good for you SurfnSun that the problem disappeared,
pitty we don't know how?

Did anyone else see the same issue and solved it?

ChristoNewzo

Oct 17, 2016
Visit site
After Butt Nougat my Note 5 fast charging sometimes works sometimes doesn't. When it doesn't work it says 6 hours until battery full, when working its less than 2 hours.

Factory cable, and I have two of them. Both same issue.

One time I unplugged the cable and turned fast charging off and back on and then it fast charged. But that bandaid doesn't work everytime.

Gerald Acker

Apr 16, 2017
Visit site
Any luck with a solution. My Note 5 is doing the exact same thing except I can't even it get it to fast charge by turning it on and off. I did a factory reset but that hasn't helped.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Chelrie