New S7 Edge - Should I hard reset after updating to Nougat?

hasasimo

May 3, 2014
Visit site
So I took advantage of that one-day, $360 sale on T-Mobile and picked up an S7 Edge for my father. I'll be setting his phone up tomorrow but I'm worried about all the problems people seem to be having with Nougat. Would it be advisable to just skip the initial set-up process, install the updates, and then hard reset? After which I'd do a proper set-up.

Or should I just set it up as normal from the start before installing the updates (and not do a hard reset)?

Thanks!

LineKill

Dec 24, 2011
Visit site
So I took advantage of that one-day, $360 sale on T-Mobile and picked up an S7 Edge for my father. I'll be setting his phone up tomorrow but I'm worried about all the problems people seem to be having with Nougat. Would it be advisable to just skip the initial set-up process, install the updates, and then hard reset? After which I'd do a proper set-up.

Or should I just set it up as normal from the start before installing the updates (and not do a hard reset)?

Thanks!
That is exactly what I would do. There is really no reason not to do a factory reset on a new phone that is going to have a major update as soon as it goes online. Great thought you have, follow your instinct!

hasasimo

May 3, 2014
Visit site
That is exactly what I would do. There is really no reason not to do a factory reset on a new phone that is going to have a major update as soon as it goes online. Great thought you have, follow your instinct!

Alright, sounds good. Gonna do that then! Thanks!

n4zhg

Feb 26, 2017
Visit site
I have had an S7 for a while, and am having some app problems after the upgrade to Nougat. Is a hard reset advisable?

t11rmh

Apr 22, 2014
Visit site
I have upgraded my S7E and two S7's to Nougat without any major problems. Don't believe everything you read on the internet...

Members online

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DragnDon