Still no Nougat in the UK?

venom0706

Jan 18, 2015
Visit site
I have a genuine S7 Edge, bought unlocked from a Carphone Warehouse store in the UK. However, Nougat still hasn't appeared for me to update to. Any ideas when it will appear? Some people have already received it, this is why I am asking.

Thank you and appreciated.

Alanhd

Mar 2, 2016
Visit site
I'm in the same boat, purchased from CPW, SgtPepper1969 is correct. Samsung support are saying end of march for XEU variants.

bandofbrothers2112

Trusted Member
May 30, 2016
Visit site
I bought my s7 edge from the Samsung Experience Store which is basically Cpw with Samsung above the door.

Since I've received an email from Cpw advising Samsung have bought that part out from the 1/3/17. That shop in my city centre is now closed and re opens late March 17. Probably in time for the s8 launch.

So like you I'm on the XEU CsC variant. And on November patch. Still awaiting.

My learning curve is to buy my next directly from Samsung so that the CsC is the Btu variant which gets updates faster.

bandofbrothers2112

Trusted Member
May 30, 2016
Visit site
Battery stats are subjective as people have different apps , phones settings are differently set up, signal strengths for networks differ causing extra drain etc.

I downloaded it this morning and have extensively used it and my battery is at 80%

SgtPepper1969

Jul 3, 2015
Visit site
I'm just put off because I have good battery life on my S7E with MM,when I upgraded my G4 2 MM my battery life went from 5 hours to 2 hours at best, I don't wanna go thru that again,I'll wait a bit b4 making a decision,I have the exynos S7E..

bandofbrothers2112

Trusted Member
May 30, 2016
Visit site
And that's quite fine.

My battery life on MM was in my opinion very good and nougat seems to be following that. Time will tell.

To add balance take into account the many that don't sign up to forums to let everyone know their battery stats are good.

Hey I Tried

Feb 26, 2017
Visit site
How u finding battery life on nougat??
S7 Edge on Verizon. Bluetooth always enabled with constant connection to my Gear S2.

Battery life is better on Nougat than it was with Marshmallow with the Balanced battery profile.
Performance profile and little worse with the battery life.

With Nougat, in the battery usage info, if you go to the bottom of the list, you can find Unmonitored Apps. The apps listed in there can completely ignore battery savings.
Removing any apps in that list has helped as well.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Akshay