S7 edge gallery

forplan

Mar 1, 2017
Visit site
Hello

After update to 7.0 and at the same time Samsung update gallery app.

I am just me or what? I hate this white background when watching photos especially wide photos. After 3s of watching turn background to black, why wait 3s???

How to change that?

I try install old version but not allowed me... Don't have root... I can just install newer then it come with 7.0 update...

Please help me if you know solution.

SpookDroid

Ambassador
Jul 14, 2011
Visit site
Unfortunately this seems to be a conscious design choice (as most of the UX design is now moving towards white, light colors). When you open a picture, the background is white because that's when the system is showing you the options and menus available. It waits 3 seconds not to turn the background off but to stop showing the menu items. You can also 'force' the background to black if you tap on the image being displayed to go into 'slideshow' mode, and not into picture-with-menus mode.

SpookDroid

Ambassador
Jul 14, 2011
Visit site
Maybe I'm miss understanding what the op means. Does he/she mean when they go to the gallery it's not black or when they are viewing pictures?

When they are viewing pictures. If you go to the Gallery with a dark theme, your background is dark (but white with the stock theme, which is why most won't notice what the OP is describing). Tap a picture, and the viewer goes to a white background with the menus on there. 3 seconds later, or if you tap the picture, the system hides the menus and puts the picture in Slideshow mode, which has a dark background.

SpookDroid

Ambassador
Jul 14, 2011
Visit site
Aww Ok. I have never paid attention to that.

Me neither! Haha I had to go look at a picture to notice what the OP meant. Guess it doesn't bother me that much, which is why I hadn't noticed. But to their point, it is something that should be themed to match the rest of the phone if you have a dark theme.

forplan

Mar 1, 2017
Visit site
Sorry i did not put my answer clear enough (English not my 1 language...)

Yes you figure out what i mean :)

I have complete black theme not a pixel in white :) but this with gallery **** me very much

I also trying new apps, but this default one is connect to camera...

Can you advise me how to change to old version? before update to android 7. I try with this Gallery APKs - APKMirror bur phone not alowe me to install lower version then come with android 7(5.1.11)

SpookDroid

Ambassador
Jul 14, 2011
Visit site
Unfortunately there's no way to downgrade a system update once it's taken place (you can root and flash an older ROM, but that's out of my knowledge range).

SpookDroid

Ambassador
Jul 14, 2011
Visit site
You would need the Gallery app's APK (if there are any) and that would install as a separate app, not a replacement. To fully replace it you'd need the same thing but also root your phone to delete/replace the current app.