Bringing a Galaxy S7 edge on a flight?

GIRLaxy

Mar 17, 2016
Visit site
Has anyone ever had an issue with bringing their S7 edge on a plane? Like did airport security think it was the same thing as the Note 7 because of the word Galaxy and the number 7?

Dngrsone

Jan 17, 2013
Visit site
No, though sometimes they say Galaxy 7 instead of specifically Galaxy Note 7.

Bottom line, don't volunteer information, let them say their thing and go on your way.

Almeuit

Moderator Team Leader
Apr 17, 2012
Visit site
No they shouldn't. They're different phones. I'm sure they were trained on what a Note 7 looks like.

KupKrazy

Mar 2, 2011
Visit site
From what I understand, they are no longer making those announcements I thought? I thought the FAA decided to stop it after discussing the return rate of the Note 7. Anyway, I am going to travel with it next week so I'll know for sure...

GIRLaxy

Mar 17, 2016
Visit site
If they give you grief, reboot it and show them the screen. It says it's the S7 Edge right there.

The back of the phone says Galaxy S7 edge. I guess I could just show them that and hopefully they don't just say "Well, its still a Samsung Galaxy 7". When I left the US the other year, I passed through security with some body spray fragrance. When I was coming back from Asia, there airport security took that very same spray.

From what I understand, they are no longer making those announcements I thought? I thought the FAA decided to stop it after discussing the return rate of the Note 7. Anyway, I am going to travel with it next week so I'll know for sure...

Do let me know how it goes, thanks!

Tsepz_GP

Apr 20, 2013
Visit site
Has anyone ever had an issue with bringing their S7 edge on a plane? Like did airport security think it was the same thing as the Note 7 because of the word Galaxy and the number 7?
Haha, it thought this would be a problem for me when traveling in December, but nope, I even used my S7 Edge to check email and text right in front of the baggage drop off and at the boarding gate, the staff did not even batter an eyelid at it. They seem to know what a Note 7 looks like and I think they have been made aware that majority of Note 7s are now with Samsung.

In fact, I used my S7 Edge to watch movies in each flight I was in, I was never EVER bothered about it.

Take note the S7 Edge is a very popular phone, you may find that some of the flight crew themselves own S7 Edges, therefore they know you aren't using a Note 7.

GIRLaxy

Mar 17, 2016
Visit site
Haha, it thought this would be a problem for me when traveling in December, but nope, I even used my S7 Edge to check email and text right in front of the baggage drop off and at the boarding gate, the staff did not even batter an eyelid at it. They seem to know what a Note 7 looks like and I think they have been made aware that majority of Note 7s are now with Samsung.

In fact, I used my S7 Edge to watch movies in each flight I was in, I was never EVER bothered about it.

Take note the S7 Edge is a very popular phone, you may find that some of the flight crew themselves own S7 Edges, therefore they know you aren't using a Note 7.

Yeah, that is true. I do see alot of people with the phone nowadays.

I've never had a problem flying with my S7e. I've been all over nationally and internationally.

Good to know, thanks!

KupKrazy

Mar 2, 2011
Visit site
I take flight Wednesday and will make note to see if they make any announcement. I am pretty sure they did stop the announcements. I really don't think they are looking for it anymore because of the 'successful' recall.

Claudia jach

Jun 10, 2017
Visit site
I am flying in July from Vancouver to France. I have an s7 not a note 7. My question is will I be allowed to take it across with me to Europe with me.

troshs

Trusted Member
Jul 6, 2013
Visit site
Currently flying home with one. No one bothered me at 3 airports about it, domestically of course. They seem to know the difference now.