Galaxy S7 Edge Nougat Update - Mobile Data Turned Off Notification

A

AC Question

Ever since I updated to Nougat, whenever I turn off my data I get the notification that says "While Mobile Data is turned off, you will not be able to use Internet, Email, or other apps that require a network connection, unless you connect to a Wi-Fi network. Mobile data will be turned off". But the dumb problem is that I can't swipe it away. It remains stuck in my notifications until I reboot. Any suggestions?

LineKill

Dec 24, 2011
Visit site
Ever since I updated to Nougat, whenever I turn off my data I get the notification that says "While Mobile Data is turned off, you will not be able to use Internet, Email, or other apps that require a network connection, unless you connect to a Wi-Fi network. Mobile data will be turned off". But the dumb problem is that I can't swipe it away. It remains stuck in my notifications until I reboot. Any suggestions?
Try swiping slowly until you see a gear. Tap on the gear and you will find the option to turn off that notification.

LineKill

Dec 24, 2011
Visit site
This does not work. It turns off the notifications on the phone calls. And the mobile data signals still comes up

When I turn my mobile data off I get a pop up window that says the same thing you stated in your first message. I tap turn off and it goes away. I do not get the notification that you are describing.

Can you post a screenshot so maybe I can better understand what is happening here?

Jooomy

Mar 26, 2017
Visit site
Slowly slide the notification, and when the gear icon appear, touch the gear icon. It will bring you to notification settings. Then when you are in the phone notification settings, touch and hold the green phone icon then force stop

kxle

Mar 28, 2017
Visit site
Screenshot_20170327-220624.jpg

I've been touching and holding the notification until the phone notification setting comes up. Tap on Phone. Tap on Force Stop. It annoys me so much. I can't seem to figure out how to turn it off completely.

LineKill

Dec 24, 2011
Visit site
I have tried many different things to reproduce that notification and for the life of me I just cannot. Since I cannot reproduce the notification I cannot figure out how to get rid of it other than what has already been mentioned which apparently does not work. Maybe someone else will be able to help. Sorry I couldn't help:-(

Last edited:

LineKill

Dec 24, 2011
Visit site
Screenshot_20170327-230257.png
This is the only notification I get. When I tap TURN OFF it goes away and does not come back.

Maybe it varies by carrier. I did do a factory reset maybe that is why I don't get that type of notification, not sure.

You can try booting into recovery and wipe the cache partition to see if that makes any difference.

mookie1027

Mar 9, 2011
Visit site
when I updated to nugget I coundnt receive emails went through three replacement and on the third I did not update the phone now I get emails and at leases 3 days battery life with moderate use

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kerokekerol