Battery Conservation

JimA

Dec 4, 2010
Visit site
Taking a LONG flight and want to read and keep gps on for my in flight tracking app. Besides turning on airplane mode, what else can I do make the battery last? I do have a portable charger but would rather not use it. Thanks.

sparksd

Aug 20, 2010
Visit site
Taking a LONG flight and want to read and keep gps on for my in flight tracking app. Besides turning on airplane mode, what else can I do make the battery last? I do have a portable charger but would rather not use it. Thanks.

Have you found GPS on the Edge to work well in an airplane? Haven't tried it with this phone but with others I found it only worked (and usually poorly) with direct window access.

Hey I Tried

Feb 26, 2017
Visit site
You can enable power saving mode, or Ultra power saving. But, if you want to keep your GPS enabled the whole time, then ultra savings won't work.
Youre going to be moving so fast, that the GPS is going to be constantly, if it's even able to aquire a valid signal long enough to determine its position.

You might be able to turn your GPS on and off 10 - 15 minutes manually, you using the Quick Settings found in the Notification bar.

Something like this might work for you:
https://www.amazon.com/gp/aw/s/ref=...ag=hawk-future-20&ascsubtag=UUacUvbUpU5699122
I've used these types of battery cases on other phones, and it's always nice to have a backup battery directly in the case, but it also makes the phone a little larger in all aspects.

But, if you are going to be on a long flight with GPS running non-stop, then You can tweak all you want, but if it's a really long flight, the GPS and screen will take your battery out at some point.