Verizon Wireless Nougat Now Available

LineKill

Dec 24, 2011
Visit site
Roll-out has started. It is a staged roll-out. Keep in mind everyone will not receive it at the same time.

Links should be working now.

6f9c14e49d24e8e2be6e6c87539d8506.jpg

Advanced Devices - Software Updates
https://forums.androidcentral.com/e....com/support/software-updates/&token=LmwQON0Q

Samsung Galaxy S7 edge Software Update
https://forums.androidcentral.com/e...samsung-galaxy-s7-edge-update/&token=wwn1YS5W

Last edited:

LineKill

Dec 24, 2011
Visit site
I don't know why the link is coming up like that. I used OP's first link and it worked for me. It's Verizon's current os page for phones and it shows an S7 and S7 edge as nougat with today's date.
One of the moderators is supposed to help me with the links. Sorry!

anon(5630457)

Jan 27, 2013
Visit site
It's on Verizon's website also.

Edit: Link isn't working. Go to verizon's website, find support, go to "Samsung Galaxy S7 Update" and it should be there.

Ole Man Dan

Oct 15, 2014
Visit site
I updated my Verizon Turbo 2 to Android 7. Rear facing camera quit working. Verizon Cloud also quit. I carried my phone to the local Verizon store and they ordered me a new phone. Great service. Funny thing... I also updated my wifes phone, and she has not had any problems.

motorcycle_monkey

Feb 27, 2012
Visit site
So, I updated using Verizon Software Assistant and it reset my phone, not upgrade. When I log into my google account, I don't get the option to restore my phone to recent backup. HELP!

BoJamBu

Feb 20, 2017
Visit site
I checked system update at noon, due to resetting the S7 Edge yesterday, due to Google Maps showing my 'compass' direction off my 180-degrees. To my surprise, received the notice, referenced above, about Nougat being available. Woot! Hopefully, this update will allow for the installation of the updated Samsung's Internet browser. Anxious to see the changes via Nougat. Hope everyone else gets the update soon.

motorcycle_monkey

Feb 27, 2012
Visit site
I think I figured the backup issue out. I was on Verizon 7.0 Beta. The Verizon Software Assistant backed me down to 6.0.1, so, my existing Edge backup isn't recognized b/c the phone was on 7.0. I am applying what I think is the Nougat upgrade from an OTA now. At least I hope it is...

LineKill

Dec 24, 2011
Visit site
I checked system update at noon, due to resetting the S7 Edge yesterday, due to Google Maps showing my 'compass' direction off my 180-degrees. To my surprise, received the notice, referenced above, about Nougat being available. Woot! Hopefully, this update will allow for the installation of the updated Samsung's Internet browser. Anxious to see the changes via Nougat. Hope everyone else gets the update soon.
I am running the latest Samsung Internet and it is working great. I was running beta 1 and there are quite a few changes. Marshmallow users will have a complete overhaul. Almost like getting a new phone😁

Last edited:

LineKill

Dec 24, 2011
Visit site
I think I figured the backup issue out. I was on Verizon 7.0 Beta. The Verizon Software Assistant backed me down to 6.0.1, so, my existing Edge backup isn't recognized b/c the phone was on 7.0. I am applying what I think is the Nougat upgrade from an OTA now. At least I hope it is...
Yeah the software on Verizon Assistant and Smart Switch is still Marshmallow. The OTA will be Nougat.

Members online

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DragnDon