Nougat: Power Saving & App Power Saving

JordySimo

Feb 16, 2017
Visit site
Hi all.

So today, I was finally able to download and install Nougat onto my S7 Edge but as I was trying to figure things out, I noticed there was no automatic power saving feature that you can set to start at 20% or even 15%, like there was on Marshmallow. Bit disappointing.

What's confusing me most is the "App power monitor" section. With Marshmallow, I was able to set all the apps to always save power so that no apps were killing my battery in the background, so I was curious on what the equivalent to app power saving is on Nougat...

When I tick each application under the app power monitor and then click the blue "save power" button at the top, all the apps are removed from the section and it tells me that "...... battery draining apps have been removed", or something along those lines. But they keep reappearing even though I've killed them off. Is there any way I can set it so that the apps automatically stop running and are killed off when I close the application?

So yeah, just a little help on understanding killing apps automatically in the background on Nougat would be great, thanks.

Attachments

• Screenshot_20170306-220819.png
    Screenshot_20170306-220819.png
    90.2 KB · Views: 42

anon(238680)

Mar 22, 2011
Visit site
As soon as you activate a sleeping app it loses the power off feature, you have to reset it again. Not really useful for most apps unless you have one that is constantly accessing data. I also haven't found the low battery level alarm but have only had noug for a couple hours.

AuthorTim13

Jul 19, 2017
Visit site
Hi all.

So today, I was finally able to download and install Nougat onto my S7 Edge but as I was trying to figure things out, I noticed there was no automatic power saving feature that you can set to start at 20% or even 15%, like there was on Marshmallow. Bit disappointing.

What's confusing me most is the "App power monitor" section. With Marshmallow, I was able to set all the apps to always save power so that no apps were killing my battery in the background, so I was curious on what the equivalent to app power saving is on Nougat...

When I tick each application under the app power monitor and then click the blue "save power" button at the top, all the apps are removed from the section and it tells me that "...... battery draining apps have been removed", or something along those lines. But they keep reappearing even though I've killed them off. Is there any way I can set it so that the apps automatically stop running and are killed off when I close the application?

So yeah, just a little help on understanding killing apps automatically in the background on Nougat would be great, thanks.

AuthorTim13

Jul 19, 2017
Visit site
I have the same question. As well as why do apps that I haven't opened in forever keep showing up as draining power?
Hi all.

Tsepz_GP

Apr 20, 2013
Visit site
The App Monitor is now in a deep setting.

Go to Battery hit the 3dots at the top right - Advanced Settings -App Power Monitor, you get this:
d31d16357e7ea2542c45ea9594142353.jpg

Abbers727

Sep 21, 2015
Visit site
The lowest % of when you get notified is: 30%. It tells you that you'll always get notified when your phone gets down to 15%. I don't know if there's a way to automatically put it into power saving mode once it reaches a certain %.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
WillyC