Battery life becoming awful

Tmel14

Oct 19, 2014
Visit site
I've been having battery issues with my S7 Edge for a while now and it's gradually becoming ridiculous. Despite carrying out a couple of resets and monitoring my usage, my battery life is appalling. It has now got to the point where I'll leave the house in the morning on 100% and within 4 hours, I'm already in my last 15% and that's just with some moderate internet and music usage. I'm having to do at least two full charges a day and then charge it again at night.

I have used GSAM and there is no particular app that is consuming a significant chunk of my battery usage, other precautions such as low screen brightness and closing apps have been taken but this is having little to no effect.

I'm not sure what else I can do so will try and get down to a Samsung repair shop to see what they suggest. When I had a similar issue with my iPhone once, Apple replaced it with a new handset as I was under warranty (as I am with my S7) - have I a fair chance of Samsung doing the same? I love this phone and have had it since launch but it's becoming a massive source of frustration.

anon(5719825)

Retired Moderator
Feb 21, 2013
Visit site
First thing you should do is reset the cache before you do anything else.

Turn off the phone by holding the power button and then selecting power off.

Once the phone is off, hold the volume up button and the home button at the same time and the phone will go into recovery mode. From there, use the volume up and down keys to navigate to highlight and select reset cache. Reboot the phone and after several minutes, the phone will start up. See how things go then.

Rumblee1

Trusted Member
Nov 3, 2012
Visit site
I've been having battery issues with my S7 Edge for a while now and it's gradually becoming ridiculous. Despite carrying out a couple of resets and monitoring my usage, my battery life is appalling. It has now got to the point where I'll leave the house in the morning on 100% and within 4 hours, I'm already in my last 15% and that's just with some moderate internet and music usage. I'm having to do at least two full charges a day and then charge it again at night.

I have used GSAM and there is no particular app that is consuming a significant chunk of my battery usage, other precautions such as low screen brightness and closing apps have been taken but this is having little to no effect.

I'm not sure what else I can do so will try and get down to a Samsung repair shop to see what they suggest. When I had a similar issue with my iPhone once, Apple replaced it with a new handset as I was under warranty (as I am with my S7) - have I a fair chance of Samsung doing the same? I love this phone and have had it since launch but it's becoming a massive source of frustration.

No issues with battery life on my S7 edge since update.

Members online

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Laila Nance