03-22-2017 12:08 PM
95 ... 234
tools
    Download them one at a time yes. I choose to do that. You can of course restore from the last time Google has your apps synced up when you are asked during the initial setup. I like to re-download my apps one at a time after the initial factory reset.

Now back to Nova Prime. Nova is a launcher. So, my folders and screen setup is backed up. You can back it up using Nova backup. Basically, when you reinstall Nova Prime, you can tell it to restore your setup (folders and screens and so forth) to be exactly how you had left them before the factory reset.
    If I'm understanding this right there would be no time savings on the initial set up. If you have to download apps one at a time the only time savings would be after you back up and then reinstall from Nova Prime. I've never had to do a factory reset in 16 years so I don't think it's going to save me anything.
    thecomicbookandme likes this.
    03-14-2017 11:52 AM
    Thanks
    03-15-2017 12:12 PM
    Would you mind describing the order and process of doing the factory reset?

I have not yet downloaded the Verizon Nougat upgrade. I'd like to do so with a minimum of hassle if at all possible.

Thanks in advance for spelling this out for me.
    03-15-2017 12:43 PM
    Would you mind describing the order and process of doing the factory reset?

I have not yet downloaded the Verizon Nougat upgrade. I'd like to do so with a minimum of hassle if at all possible.

Thanks in advance for spelling this out for me.
    Here you go. I hope this helps:-)

http://m.androidcentral.com/how-fact...-android-phone
    03-15-2017 03:18 PM
    Tip:

It is a fairly known fact that when you are having problems with your phone performing a cache partition wipe can sometimes help.

There is a lesser known fact that clearing cached data for all apps can also help when you are having problems. Go to Settings > Device maintenance > Storage > Internal storage > Cached data > Clear.
    03-16-2017 03:40 AM
    Hey There
    Unfortunately, I can't change my S7 (Vodafone UK) Edge's language or delete. I can add but I want to delete the United States language (or at least make UK the top one) so that Assistant doesn't sound.
    Can someone help me?

Thanks,
    -Dan
    03-19-2017 02:30 PM
    Hey There
    Unfortunately, I can't change my S7 (Vodafone UK) Edge's language or delete. I can add but I want to delete the United States language (or at least make UK the top one) so that Assistant doesn't sound.

Can someone help me?

Thanks,
    -Dan
    While you're in the settings section where you can add language tap on edit in the upper right corner. Then you can delete or rearrange your installed languages. The language you put on top will be your default language.
    03-19-2017 03:18 PM
    I just did the Nougat update and no longer have the Fast Charging option in my settings. Where can I find it?
    03-19-2017 06:33 PM
    I just did the Nougat update and no longer have the Fast Charging option in my settings. Where can I find it?
    Go to Device maintenance > Battery > 3 Dots > Advanced settings. If it is already on try turning it off and back on again, unless you want it off. That is where to find it though.
    Dngrsone and Joe1776 like this.
    03-19-2017 06:36 PM
    Thank you!!!!!!
    magerb likes this.
    03-19-2017 06:47 PM
    Where is Screen write? I have it in Notifications but cannot find it anywhere else
    03-19-2017 07:14 PM
    Where is Screen write? I have it in Notifications but cannot find it anywhere else
    Are you talking about S Note? I do not know what Screen Write is🙁
    03-19-2017 07:21 PM
    Are you talking about S Note? I do not know what Screen Write is
    No - not S Note, I never had it until this update. It lets you draw on a screenshot.
    03-19-2017 07:26 PM
    Are you talking about S Note? I do not know what Screen Write is🙁
    No - not S Note, I never had it until this update. It lets you draw on a screenshot.
    03-19-2017 07:26 PM
    Go to Settings > Advanced features and tap on the words Smart capture.
    03-19-2017 07:31 PM
    Go to Settings > Advanced features and tap on the words Smart capture.
    You're the BEST! Thanks !!
    magerb likes this.
    03-19-2017 07:53 PM
    You're the BEST! Thanks !!
    Thank you! Anytime my friend:-)
    mushie143 likes this.
    03-19-2017 08:03 PM
    I guess I've been under a rock - I didn't know Nougat was out until I randomly checked for an update. It's installing now but I guess I should have waited with all the problems some are having.
    I've been all over the net trying to figure out some of these issues. Wait as long as you can.

I've been a S series lover since my first Samsung, the S2. I haven't even looked at another line since. Nougat is by far the absolute worst update. Ever. My S7 is a shell of what it was 3 days ago. There is hardly anything that was jacked over.

It's ok though "do a factory reset" and everything will be fine.... It's like half of the goto responses for anything came out of the 1995 tech service Rolodex, right after "did you check to make sure it's plugged in?"

SMH.
    03-19-2017 09:05 PM
    When you get an update and you are having issue that most people are not having the first step would be to clear the device cache.

This will not erase any data and can help some issues.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	cache.JPG 
Views:	14 
Size:	35.9 KB 
ID:	254746

Resetting the device if needed for most is a last resort, some people love pain and reset the device every time...LOL. However sometimes an app or app data will conflict with an update and that is when a wipe is unfortunately needed. We have millions of apps and they don't all play nice.
    03-22-2017 08:48 AM
    So GSAM doesn't show individual app battery stats anymore after the update. Anybody find another battery app that does?
    03-22-2017 12:08 PM
95 ... 234