I accidentally deleted my google icon how do I restore.

SpookDroid

Ambassador
Jul 14, 2011
Visit site
Did you delete it from your home screen? If so, you can bring it back by long-pressing on the home screen and selecting either a shortcut or a widget (not sure what it is that you 'deleted').

If you completely removed the Google app from your phone, you just need to go to the Play Store and download it again. Just search for 'Google' and presto! Download away.

SpookDroid

Ambassador
Jul 14, 2011
Visit site
OK, you should be able to go to your Application Drawer and find the Google App. There, long press on the icon (don't let go!) and you should then be able to drag it into your homescreen.

pankaj981

May 5, 2013
Visit site
There you go...
c6b0148c024b8e1a189e32140b443471.gif

Loudau

Mar 10, 2017
Visit site
Mine is a galaxy s7edge. When you say app drawer do you mean applications cause I did that and went to the google app it won't let me stay it.

LineKill

Dec 24, 2011
Visit site
Mine is a galaxy s7edge. When you say app drawer do you mean applications cause I did that and went to the google app it won't let me stay it.
I am on the S7 edge also. Can you attach a screenshot so I can better understand exactly what you are doing or trying to do?

SpookDroid

Ambassador
Jul 14, 2011
Visit site
OK, sorry, having Easy Mode changes a lot of things. Strangely enough, however, if I move to Easy Mode, I also don't have the Google app available on the homescreen or on the 'More Apps' drawer! If I switch to Normal mode or a different launcher, it's there...but not on Easy Mode.

And selecting EDIT on Easy Mode (or tapping a + symbol on available spots) also doesn't come up with the Google App. Weird!

You can still use it by long pressing the home button (which will launch Google).

Really strange, but not sure if this happened before or not (never used Easy Mode) or if it updated now that Google Now has been replaced by Google Assistant (my phone just got the updated version last night).

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
samyblaze