Notification LED logic

piannetta

May 13, 2012
Visit site
Hi, I've been trying to figure out the logic behind the colour LED for notifications. How can I customise it? What do the colours mean? If there are multiple notifications, how does it work? If anyone knows please let me know. Thanks.

anon(5719825)

Retired Moderator
Feb 21, 2013
Visit site
They just flash blue if you have a notification from any app including text messages or a missed call.

The steady green is when the battery is fully charged while plugged in. If there is a notification, the light will flash blue. Once the notification is cleared, the light will turn green again.

Red is for when the battery is charging. Same applies as above if there is a notification.

There may or may not be apps in the playstore that can control what colors a certain app will show. I used to be able to do this on an old Nexus phone but I haven't tried it since moving from that phone so I have no idea if any of those apps work on the current Android OS.

Last edited:

LineKill

Dec 24, 2011
Visit site
Mine flashes green sometimes, and also purple
Different apps may cause it to have different colors as well. For example I get an orange flashing LED when I get a Tapatalk notification. Sometimes they can also be changed within a particular app.

smvim

May 16, 2014
Visit site
There are a number of LED altering apps in the Play Store, just do a search for something like 'LED Notifications'. This 'Light Manager' app for example (note the numerous qualifiers that apply to different Android versions and different manufacturers) will allow you to change a number of apps so their notifications are a specific color:
https://forums.androidcentral.com/e...etails?id=com.koo.lightmanager&token=8hQY7mI2

Haven't tried any of them myself though but on my phone my email app (K-9 Mail) has a Setting option that lets me pick which color to use for notifications and my texting app (Signal Private Messenger) also has the same option. If you don't want to install an app that manages your LED notifications, for those notifications you are seeing in colors you're not sure about when you check your Notification bar see which app becomes active and then dig into its Settings menu. Hopefully there will be some color selector option so you can determine what color that app is using and narrow down what each one is using.

Members online

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Laila Nance