Switched to S7 Edge from Windows Mobile 10 -- couple of bluetooth questions ...

sirtwist

Mar 18, 2017
Visit site
1. On Windows Mobile, when connected to my car stereo via Bluetooth, if I received an incoming text message, Cortana would pipe up and ask me if I want to read it or ignore it. If I said, "read it" she'd read it to me. I know that I can ask "OK Google, read me my last text message" but it seems like there's no audio notification of the new message ... is that correct?

2. More importantly, Windows Mobile sent any Cortana audio over the handsfree Bluetooth profile, so the car treats it like a connected phone call, overriding any other audio such as the radio. It seems like Android only outputs audio (except for phone calls) over the media Bluetooth connection ... is this correct? For instance, if I say "OK Google", the phone will respond over Bluetooth but it does so over the media connection so if my stereo is currently set to radio, I won't hear it. I have to manually change the stereo to the Bluetooth media setting.

For background, this is an a Samsung S7 Edge (international unlocked, G935F) on AT&T, running Android 7.0 Nougat using Nova launcher. Not sure what else, if anything, is important. :)

Hey I Tried

Feb 26, 2017
Visit site
Android Car mode, or Car Mode (for GALAXY) might enable these features.

But, different radios have different connection capabilities.
You will need to check with either the radio manufacturer, or the vehicle manufacturer if it is the stock infotainment system, and see what products are supported.

StephaneM60

Feb 1, 2017
Visit site
For issue 1 I use DriveMode

For issue 2 you can try AudioBT Plus (I have not tested it myself as I do not need it, as usally I'm using the bluetooth media profile in my car)

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
smokedog87