I have gmail.com and outlook.com email accounts, both IMAP, set up on my Galaxy S7 edge (I use Blue Mail app) and on two Windows 10 PCs (Outlook 2016 on both).

For some reason, lately, at random times, when I open the Android app, emails that were already there start deleting, disappearing before my eyes. The same thing has happened when I open Outlook on my office PC.

I have not changed settings or anything, and this is driving me nuts. I am forced to try to remember what emails I had not deleted from Inbox, go to Trash and move them back to Inbox. But eventually, they'll "auto-delete" again.

Any ideas on what can be going on???
    03-19-2017 07:49 PM
    I have gmail.com and outlook.com email accounts, both IMAP, set up on my Galaxy S7 edge (I use Blue Mail app) and on two Windows 10 PCs (Outlook 2016 on both).

For some reason, lately, at random times, when I open the Android app, emails that were already there start deleting, disappearing before my eyes. The same thing has happened when I open Outlook on my office PC.

I have not changed settings or anything, and this is driving me nuts. I am forced to try to remember what emails I had not deleted from Inbox, go to Trash and move them back to Inbox. But eventually, they'll "auto-delete" again.

Any ideas on what can be going on???
    First thing to do is change your passwords. Someone could be messing with you. If they were going to junk folder that would be no big deal but trash folder is weird. Never heard of anything like that.

I would also sign out of Blue Mail app then clear data in Blue Mail app then delete it and use Gmail or the native email app.

I'd also do a malware scan with malwarebytes and because I am really a careful person I would do a factory reset. That last part is because I am paranoid.
    03-19-2017 08:05 PM
    Thanks for the response recDNA. This has been a major blunder on my behalf. I didn't realize that I had been deleting emails in bulk on my Gear S2 and when it synced to other devices emails were obviously deleted. Technology for idiots, and I blew it. Embarassing.

Thanks again.
    03-20-2017 04:34 PM