Samsung Edge stuck on padlock with spinning circle.

A

AC Question

My Samsung Edge 7 is stuck on a padlock with a spinning circle. The buttons don't seem to respond. Any advice?

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
Welcome to Android Central! Is this right after booting up? Or are you trying to access an app or a directory?

al2005

Mar 23, 2017
Visit site
My Phone did the same thing this morning. I powered it on, put in my pin, it said it was verifying it then never stopped spinning with the pad lock. I tried restarting, it didn't budge. I took the sim out. Nothing has taken it off that screen. What can I do?

Feb 26, 2016
Visit site
My Phone did the same thing this morning. I powered it on, put in my pin, it said it was verifying it then never stopped spinning with the pad lock. I tried restarting, it didn't budge. I took the sim out. Nothing has taken it off that screen. What can I do?

Mine did the same and no fixes worked. What I will forced to do is leave it unplugged until the battery dies completely. It doesn't take TOO long (a couple hours) because it's processing and using a lot of power. When the screen finally turns black, charge it until full and power it on. It's a pain in the butt, but the fixes the issue.

Last edited:

Bigwhitster

Mar 5, 2018
Visit site
My Samsung Edge 7 is stuck on a padlock with a spinning circle. The buttons don't seem to respond. Any advice?

Had the same issue. After 10 min of waiting I got bored and held the home, power and volume down buttons.
This is for loading a custom rom I believe, when the screen comes up, press volume down again to cancel and it booted up again no problem