Samsung customer service

steezytech

Jul 31, 2016
Visit site
Hello!
My s7 edge had a pink line screen defect (pretty common).
I went to samsug and was given a 2 week waiting period for a new phone.
I had to wait from September 2016 to February 2017.
Don't even know what to think.
My favourite phone ive had but come on. Samsung really???????
Anyone else had a similar experience?

Soundman72

Jan 27, 2016
Visit site
Trying to get mine repaired for 6 months now but Samsung refuse to help.
They want me to send it off to them to be repaired 10 working days
I have explained to them that i cant be without my phone for no more than a day because of a medical condition.
Yet they still refuse to help

aokusman

May 17, 2013
Visit site
I have explained to them that i cant be without my phone for no more than a day because of a medical condition.

If you don't send it in how can they repair it?

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
This is a good reason to have a backup phone. There are quite a few unlocked phones that are reasonably priced and perfectly capable of tiding you over while your main phone is in the shop. Do you have any old phones lying around, after previous upgrades?

bandofbrothers2112

Trusted Member
May 30, 2016
Visit site
My s7 edge developed the pink line.

I'm in the Uk.

My local Carphone Warehouse Highstreet Store is Samsung Authorised to carry out work on these.

Handed the phone in Friday.

Got text to pick up the following Monday.

They did have the screens in-stock.

trucksmoveamerica#AC

Trusted Member
Jul 20, 2010
Visit site
If you can't be without a phone for a day because of medical conditions, you should already have a back up phone, if not a few back up phones.

sweetypie31

Dec 18, 2011
Visit site
If you can't be without a phone for a day because of medical conditions, you should already have a back up phone, if not a few back up phones.
I get what you're saying and I agree , but you also have to take into consideration that not everybody is able to have extra phones. The op may be a person who doesn't switch phones often and when they do the old phone may be unusable to keep as a backup.

Law2138

Trusted Member
Nov 14, 2012
Visit site
Even if you contact your carrier, and explain the situation, they could send a disposable phone, free of charge.

My S6 Active kept dying and I got tired of sending it in for repair. Att sent me an LG phone while I went through the refund process with Samsung.

trucksmoveamerica#AC

Trusted Member
Jul 20, 2010
Visit site
I get what you're saying and I agree , but you also have to take into consideration that not everybody is able to have extra phones. The op may be a person who doesn't switch phones often and when they do the old phone may be unusable to keep as a backup.
That's true, I was just referring to if you need something for medical it's a good idea to have a back up. I discourage phone trade ins to people that don't have a back up phone, everyone should have a back up for situations beyond your control, it's not the carriers or phone companies responsibility to provide a loaner phone.

The people that went thru the note 7 recall, specially the ones that traded in their only phone probably have my opinion on having a back up phone, always. I am extreme, I have a note 4, 2 note 5, 2 LG G3, S5, 3 note 3,and a turbo for back ups, but I also manage 9 lines.

sweetypie31

Dec 18, 2011
Visit site
That's true, I was just referring to if you need something for medical it's a good idea to have a back up. I discourage phone trade ins to people that don't have a back up phone, everyone should have a back up for situations beyond your control, it's not the carriers or phone companies responsibility to provide a loaner phone.

The people that went thru the note 7 recall, specially the ones that traded in their only phone probably have my opinion on having a back up phone, always. I am extreme, I have a note 4, 2 note 5, 2 LG G3, S5, 3 note 3,and a turbo for back ups, but I also manage 9 lines.
I went through that note 7 recall both times and I totally get where you're coming from.

trucksmoveamerica#AC

Trusted Member
Jul 20, 2010
Visit site
Yes clearly i have money to waste and I've only been diagnosed with this illness
It's not money wasted if you need a phone for medical reasons, in fact having a back up phone is smart. Nobody said have a $1,000 back up phone, it doesn't need to be top of the line, just something to get you by untill yours gets fixed. There is $100-150 smart phones available all over the place.

Last edited: