On my Samsung Galaxy S7 Edge in About Device/My phone number, it shows an incorrect number.

A

AC Question

On my Samsung Galaxy S7 Edge in About Device/My phone number, it shows an incorrect phone number. Why, and can I change it to my correct number?

Dec 16, 2014
Visit site
I had a similar problem. My call back number was showing an extra 1 in the beginning of the number ex. 11XXX. My carrier advised me to click on phone then click on keypad. When you click on keypad my voice mail was listed incorrectly and I was able to correct it there. You may have a totally different problem but I was able to correct mine.

Alanhd

Mar 2, 2016
Visit site
I have the same problem, I first noticed it after the update to nougat but it could have been before that. For some reason it had put my sons old number in my contact profile, even after amending this it's still wrong in the about section and I've just rechecked and the wrong number has been added back into my profile even tho it was deleted last time.

I might try my sim in an iPhone because I seam to remember that you can edit the number shown on them.

Edit,

It's just readded the wrong number to my contact profile, I guess this must be picked up from the simm and done automatically.

NineToTheSky

Aug 10, 2013
Visit site
I had a similar problem. My call back number was showing an extra 1 in the beginning of the number ex. 11XXX. My carrier advised me to click on phone then click on keypad. When you click on keypad my voice mail was listed incorrectly and I was able to correct it there. You may have a totally different problem but I was able to correct mine.

Thanks - that seems to be the answer.

Members online

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Chelsea rae