Dolphin And Nougat Not Playing Well With One Another

PsychDoc

May 28, 2011
Visit site
Just got the OTA to nougat last night. All is well except my preferred browser is no longer doing text wrap. That's pretty much why I've used Dolphin for years. I have Jetpack downloaded but where it used to show up in the Dolphin settings (enable/do not enable) it is no longer there in Dolphin settings even though, as I already said, it's downloaded from the Play Store. It's like the Jetpack extension/add-on is not there even though I know it is. I've tried deleting and reinstalling both Dolphin and Dolphin Jetpack and the problem still persists.

Does anyone know if this is a known nougat compatibility issue with Dolphin. Is there a fix for this?

amyf27

Oct 24, 2015
Visit site
Just got the OTA to nougat last night. All is well except my preferred browser is no longer doing text wrap. That's pretty much why I've used Dolphin for years. I have Jetpack downloaded but where it used to show up in the Dolphin settings (enable/do not enable) it is no longer there in Dolphin settings even though, as I already said, it's downloaded from the Play Store. It's like the Jetpack extension/add-on is not there even though I know it is. I've tried deleting and reinstalling both Dolphin and Dolphin Jetpack and the problem still persists.

Does anyone know if this is a known nougat compatibility issue with Dolphin. Is there a fix for this?
Does Dolphin have any updates pending? Maybe they're running behind on updating for Nougat compatibility. I don't use Dolphin but know some browsers have compatibility issues depending on what your doing or in this case what operating system version you're running

PsychDoc

May 28, 2011
Visit site
Does Dolphin have any updates pending? Maybe they're running behind on updating for Nougat compatibility. I don't use Dolphin but know some browsers have compatibility issues depending on what your doing or in this case what operating system version you're running

I don't think a pending update is the issue here as I uninstalled and reinstalled Dolphin from the Play Store. I would assume that the version in the Play Store would, by definition, be their most current version with all updates current.

LineKill

Dec 24, 2011
Visit site
The last update for Jetpack was March 29, 2016. More than likely this is the reason why it is not working with Nougat.

PsychDoc

May 28, 2011
Visit site
Update: Here's what I heard from Dolphin.

Bye, bye Dolphin...hello Opera!

Joyce Zou*replied:

Hi,*
Thank you for your feedback and sorry for the inconvenience.
Actually, we remove Jetpack on Android 7.0+ device.
So Flash cannot be supported any more on android 7.0.
Sorry again.

Best,*
Dolphin Support Team

Last edited:

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
knowledge is power