Verizon new update today

Snareman

Nov 2, 2010
Visit site
I was already on Nougat and got another small upgrade today. I can't quite tell what if anything it did. Anyone know?

mxrider821

Jul 8, 2012
Visit site
I was already on Nougat and got another small upgrade today. I can't quite tell what if anything it did. Anyone know?

I was just about to post this, but you beat me to it. Not sure what the update did, I just installed in right now too. I thought it was a security patch update but it looks like we're still on February :/ which should've been March. I'm guessing it was just for a minor bug fixes.

A changelog would be nice....

Snareman

Nov 2, 2010
Visit site
When I clicked on the "Learn more" link it seemed to just tell me how great Nougat is but didn't say anything about what this update was. I would have thought I was getting Nougat if I didn't already have it.

mxrider821

Jul 8, 2012
Visit site
When I clicked on the "Learn more" link it seemed to just tell me how great Nougat is but didn't say anything about what this update was. I would have thought I was getting Nougat if I didn't already have it.

Mine did the same thing... All about nougat...

Attachments

• 2492.jpg
    2492.jpg
    43.1 KB · Views: 74

Snareman

Nov 2, 2010
Visit site
Mine specifically told me it was to improve wifi and changed my baseband version

It did briefly say that. I wish they would do something to make the wireless charging more reliable. I've never had a phone as bad as this one where it will randomly decide to stop charging on certain chargers. Some will work with different cables, different outlets. It will work for awhile on one, then stop then a few month later work on it again. My only solace is that the S8 is coming. This phone is vastly improved with Nougat, but I can't wait to get rid of it.

LineKill

Dec 24, 2011
Visit site
This was posted a couple of days ago by @frankd1. Several people have reported that there WiFi issues have been fixed. Even though Verizon was late to the party it is nice to see them providing a Hotfix already. Hopefully this is a sign of things to come:)

steelers1

Jun 8, 2010
Visit site
Does anyone know. I use package disabler to disable some unneeded apps. Is it safe to do the update with these things disabled?

phillthedrill

Feb 19, 2011
Visit site
No, you don't need to re-enable apps from package disabler to install an update. I've done it several times with apps disabled and it doesn't harm it.

LineKill

Dec 24, 2011
Visit site
You don't have to, but you should. Some people have had problems because they did not re-enable them. I guess you can leave them disabled and take the chance that something may not be updated properly. It isn't that difficult and I always thought it was better safe than sorry.

steelers1

Jun 8, 2010
Visit site
You don't have to, but you should. Some people have had problems because they did not re-enable them. I guess you can leave them disabled and take the chance that something may not be updated properly. It isn't that difficult and I always thought it was better safe than sorry.

Thanks. I'll re enable them to be safe

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Landers2