Samsung Galaxy S7 Edge "Failed to obtain IP address

Ms_Sarah

Mar 30, 2017
Visit site
From my work Wifi, I was able to connect with no problems just a couple days ago. Then the phone updated and now it gives me the error "Failed to obtain IP address". I went online and found out about changing the static IP, I did this and it then says Connect, no Internet. Everyone else's phones are working and my boss has the same phone as me and his is working.

Steps I have done

***Forget Network
***Changed to Static IP, got "Connected, no internet" Switched back to DHCP (Without disconnecting from Static, goes back to Failed to Obtain IP address.
***Soft Reset Phone
***Setting reset
***Factory reset
***Forget the network then Cleared the Cache

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
Welcome to Android Central! Have you already asked your IT support at work about this? Can you ask them to try rebooting the work router?

Does the work wi-fi require a password? Or do you have to log in on a welcome screen the first time you connect?

BabyGurl-1

Mar 3, 2019
Visit site
From my work Wifi, I was able to connect with no problems just a couple days ago. Then the phone updated and now it gives me the error "Failed to obtain IP address". I went online and found out about changing the static IP, I did this and it then says Connect, no Internet. Everyone else's phones are working and my boss has the same phone as me and his is working.

Steps I have done

***Forget Network
***Changed to Static IP, got "Connected, no internet" Switched back to DHCP (Without disconnecting from Static, goes back to Failed to Obtain IP address.
***Soft Reset Phone
***Setting reset
***Factory reset
***Forget the network then Cleared the Cache