S7 edge vs. Note 5

PsychDoc

May 28, 2011
Visit site
Wife owns the Note 5 and I have the S7 edge. Overall I think the Note is the better phone. Screen is brighter, whites are very close to pure white (S7 whites tend to look a bit yellow) and processor seems snappier.

If I was buying again, I'd go with the Note. Definitely won't be getting the S8 as it offers nothing compelling over the S7.

underway99

Trusted Member
Apr 7, 2011
Visit site
I also have both, and I agree that the Note is the better device for me.

On paper, everything about the S7 Edge screams BETTER. Display, battery, S-Pen, etc. But for me, it's not even close. I've been planning for two weeks now to switch back from the Note so that I can give Nougat a workout. I just haven't done it. My single biggest issue with the S7 Edge is the edge display. The curved edges just don't do it for me.

It's a great phone, just not for me right now. I'm sure that I'll eventually get around to swapping back to it, just for a change. An added bonus is that the S7 Edge is a pretty good backup phone. I was able to save $36 per month by killing the insurance on four lines.

sweetypie31

Dec 18, 2011
Visit site
I have both phones. I love them both, but right now I'm sticking with my 7 edge because it has all the features my note 7 had. If I would not have liked the 7 edge after the n7 debacle, I would have gladly went back to my note 5.The only two bad things about my note 5 is the sucky battery life and the lack of SD card. I didn't realize how much I'd miss having the extra storage until I somehow ran out of space on a 64gb phone. Lol The one big thing I miss about my note 5 though is the size. Although both phones are not that far apart in size, those curved edges make a huge difference compared to the flat screen.

Adi Marwan

Jun 12, 2017
Visit site
in 2017, does it still makes sense to get a Note 5? Or am I better off with a S7 Edge?

Is the performance between those 2 phones significant?

What about VR performance?

L0n3N1nja

Jan 11, 2014
Visit site
in 2017, does it still makes sense to get a Note 5? Or am I better off with a S7 Edge?

Is the performance between those 2 phones significant?

What about VR performance?

I've got the regular S7 and Note 5, they perform the same IMO. The S7 is technically better but I don't notice it. Note has better battery life, S7 has a better camera. Personally wouldn't buy a new Note 5 at this point, it's almost 2 years old and won't get updates much longer. Unless you want it for the pen, I would get the S7.