Who has been able to resist S8/S8 Plus so far?

Lepa79

Apr 5, 2015
Visit site
Sitting here with my Coral Blue trying to fight all the S8/Plus temptations​. The plan is that I want to hold out for Note 8 BUT these are going to be a very long 6-7 months.

Anyone else fighting back? :)

Carrtman

Sep 1, 2014
Visit site
Not really since I still love my Note 4 I happily await the Note 8. The S8 Modells are nice but I think the Note 8 will be an all-round beast improving on some of the things the S8 hasn't delivered (new camera, ackward position of the fps)...

LineKill

Dec 24, 2011
Visit site
I am right there with you man! It is proving to be quite difficult for me as well. I am pretty sure that the Note 8 will be well refined and much better than the S8, IMO. That is what I keep telling myself anyways.

In all actuality it will be here before you know it and will be well worth the wait.

Lepa79

Apr 5, 2015
Visit site
I used to change phones every 4 to 6 months. That started to become a very expensive hobby. I would have gotten one if I wasn't planning on getting Note 8. I have to have Note 8.

sweetypie31

Dec 18, 2011
Visit site
I'm trying really hard to hold out for the note 8, but that 8 + is a beauty. Gonna go at with it over the weekend at best buy. Lol

Abbers727

Sep 21, 2015
Visit site
I dunno how I feel about such a long screen.

I just got my S7 Edge last September so I haven't had mine for a year yet.

bandofbrothers2112

Trusted Member
May 30, 2016
Visit site
I've been to my local Samsung Shop twice now to tinker around with both models.

I'm sure I'll go for another look.

The s8 size is the sweet spot for me.

At the moment the s8+ feels a little too big but I'm sure I'd adapt if I chose it.

I'm a little surprised that Samsung opted to use a smaller capacity battery in the s8 compared to my s7 edge! Maybe the chipset etc is more efficient?

I'm awaiting the Note 8 too. It'll be my first Note series phone as I was about to pull the trigger to buy the Note 7 when the unthinkable happened with them. :( so I bought the s7 edge and am happy with that choice.

I buy sim free Factory unlocked.

Before I buy into a product I always....

Watch YouTube Unboxings and real end user reviews.
Use the information on a few Tech Blog Sites.
Weigh up what I have currently to what the new phone brings.
Wait and watch for a few months to try and ensure it's not a lemon.

Once that's done hopefully the Note 8 will be Unpacked and then I can make an informed choice.

bandofbrothers2112

Trusted Member
May 30, 2016
Visit site
£350 ! Wow.

Good price.

Mine was £600 from the Samsung Experience Store.

With the addition of the new style home button I'm wondering how one would achieve a reset like can be done on the s7 phones via power , volume and physical home buttons.

ZOMMBIE1

Trusted Member
May 24, 2015
Visit site
Not me I preordered 3 S8+ for me my wife and son. Now my 7 year old daughter gets my S7 edge. She'll be happy to upgrade her s6 edge for sure.

aokusman

May 17, 2013
Visit site
Saw this queen at bestbuy. So glad I preordered because it's a worthy upgrade to my 7. I get it on the 20th and on the 24th I head to England and then Ghana and Nigeria. Perfect timing.

sweetypie31

Dec 18, 2011
Visit site
That mother effing phone is gorgeous. Lol the Samsung guy told me they may not even release another note. I asked him was he just telling me this to get me to buy this phone and he said no that the communication he was getting was that they weren't going to do another note. Man I can't buy another phone if I decide to get this. Lol

Last edited: