How can I save battery now that Nougat is out

Abbers727

Sep 21, 2015
Visit site
I have Sprint. And I have these Sprint apps.

I don't know which ones I should uninstall / or disable? I've disabled some. But there's apps like, Wifi calling and secure wifi app.

I'm trying keep certain apps from using up battery . But I think the system now that it upgraded to Nougat. Because stuff like Android system stuff are using the most percentage of battery.

10fd2fcf303d3a34549e731603544f0b.jpg

Last edited:

bandofbrothers2112

Trusted Member
May 30, 2016
Visit site
Hi,

The phones Nougat should optimise using doze etc.

Sometimes if battery seems poor after everything's settled from the firmware update then the generic troubleshooting tips are to,

Calibrate the battery by discharging it to around 20% and then charge to 99%.

Use the battery section to remove or disable rogue apps. Appreciate your trying this.

System cache clear.

Factory reset as a last resort after backing up.

Look up battery saving tips. Personally I choose not to have that much turned off on my s7 edge as I prefer not to throttle / reduce its features.

Use a Dark Theme.

Let a Samsung Service Centre run a diagnostic.

Abbers727

Sep 21, 2015
Visit site
Hi,

The phones Nougat should optimise using doze etc.

Sometimes if battery seems poor after everything's settled from the firmware update then the generic troubleshooting tips are to,

Calibrate the battery by discharging it to around 20% and then charge to 99%.

Use the battery section to remove or disable rogue apps. Appreciate your trying this.

System cache clear.

Factory reset as a last resort after backing up.

Look up battery saving tips. Personally I choose not to have that much turned off on my s7 edge as I prefer not to throttle / reduce its features.

Use a Dark Theme.

Let a Samsung Service Centre run a diagnostic.
Thanks! I never know if letting the battery go down to 15-20% is a good thing for the battery or anything.

Abbers727

Sep 21, 2015
Visit site
My opinion is letting the battery go below 10% or even worse letting it go to the point of the phone turning off is detrimental to battery life.
I've only let it go down to 15% . I've heard things like it's good for the battery to let it go 40-50% percent and then charge it to 85% or 90%

And then I heard to let it go to 15% to 20% and then charge it to 95 or almost 100%

So I never know which one to follow.

LineKill

Dec 24, 2011
Visit site
I've only let it go down to 15% . I've heard things like it's good for the battery to let it go 40-50% percent and then charge it to 85% or 90%

And then I heard to let it go to 15% to 20% and then charge it to 95 or almost 100%

So I never know which one to follow.

As long as you are not running it down to 0% all the time and you are going to get a new phone every 1 or 2 years, what you are doing is fine.

Now, if you are keeping your phone 3-4 years or longer, then yes, charging method is much more important.

Abbers727

Sep 21, 2015
Visit site
As long as you are not running it down to 0% all the time and you are going to get a new phone every 1 or 2 years, what you are doing is fine.

Now, if you are keeping your phone 3-4 years or longer, then yes, charging method is much more important.
Yeah, I'm not sure what the plan is. I'm on my dad's phone plan. I don't know if upgrade our phones every two years. I'll have to ask but hopefully that's phone plan.

Thanks.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jm_rookie2