No google assistant update.

mbergh22

Apr 14, 2015
Visit site
So in the US the google assistant update was suppose to be released about a month ago. I have yet to get it on my tmobile s7 edge. Anyone hsve it yet?

pontiac005

Trusted Member
Jul 19, 2012
Visit site
I have TMobile in the U.S. with the edge and received it like a month ago. Not sure why you haven't.

Have you held down the home button lately?

Attachments

• 1438.jpg
    1438.jpg
    19.4 KB · Views: 63

LineKill

Dec 24, 2011
Visit site
If you are still getting Google Now when long pressing the home button, go into the Google Now settings and see if Assistant is at the top. On a few occasions, it just needs to be enabled.

Andyvalver

Jan 11, 2013
Visit site
I'm in the UK and have been waiting patiently. Still nothing and I use Google now quite alot. Update my apps daily. In fact there have been alot of app updates lately. The Google app has updated about 3 times in just over a week. Still no assistant to be found though.

LineKill

Dec 24, 2011
Visit site
I'm in the UK and have been waiting patiently. Still nothing and I use Google now quite alot. Update my apps daily. In fact there have been alot of app updates lately. The Google app has updated about 3 times in just over a week. Still no assistant to be found though.
Typically it just pops up, no updates or anything.

You already have the updates required for Assistant. Google just needs to activate it on their side. It can happen at any moment.

Edit: One more thing. Since you use Google Now a lot, depending on your usage, you may be a bit disappointed with Assistant. It does not offer quite the functionality, in some scenarios, as Now does.

mbergh22

Apr 14, 2015
Visit site

You already have the updates required for Assistant. Google just needs to activate it on their side. It can happen at any moment.

Edit: One more thing. Since you use Google Now a lot, depending on your usage, you may be a bit disappointed with Assistant. It does not offer quite the functionality, in some scenarios, as Now does.
Yeah I agree. I liked the cards and google assistant doesn't have that. I guess I'll stick with the google now launcher.

Andyvalver

Jan 11, 2013
Visit site

Thanks. To be honest I don't use the cards much, just voice commands to do stuff. I'm going to buy Google home next week when it comes out so wouldn't mind the update for then.

LineKill

Dec 24, 2011
Visit site
Thanks. To be honest I don't use the cards much, just voice commands to do stuff. I'm going to buy Google home next week when it comes out so wouldn't mind the update for then.
In that case, Google Assistant will be a nice update for you. It will also pair up nicely with your Google Home.

Base_UK

Mar 9, 2016
Visit site
I guess it's slightly off topic, but do post back here and let us know how it is, is assistant on your phone essential?

Tempted to pick one up this weekend...

Andyvalver

Jan 11, 2013
Visit site
I guess it's slightly off topic, but do post back here and let us know how it is, is assistant on your phone essential?

Tempted to pick one up this weekend...
Been using Google home for a day now. Compared to the Amazon Echo it seems on par really. Generally better at giving you more details but the overall experience is very similar. Google has a better ecosystem and I think it will progress quicker than my Echo.

Google home is not essential, it's a bit of a luxury purchase and in my opinion overpriced. It should have been £99 and come in the colour you choose rather than Google forcing you to spend another £18 on a colour you might want.

I like it for general facts and information, it's good at that. Also gives information on how to cook certain things and so on.

My main problem is what to pay for. With Amazon I pay £7.99 a month for prime which gives me next day delivery on prime items from Amazon, basic music which is 2 million songs. The 10 million song options costs another £7.99 a month on top. My wife gets a free Kindle book each month and also free delivery too. I use this and want to keep it.

Google just offers up 10 million songs on Google play music which is £9.99 a month. I don't want to pay for both.

LineKill

Dec 24, 2011
Visit site
Been using Google home for a day now. Compared to the Amazon Echo it seems on par really. Generally better at giving you more details but the overall experience is very similar. Google has a better ecosystem and I think it will progress quicker than my Echo.

Google home is not essential, it's a bit of a luxury purchase and in my opinion overpriced. It should have been £99 and come in the colour you choose rather than Google forcing you to spend another £18 on a colour you might want.

I like it for general facts and information, it's good at that. Also gives information on how to cook certain things and so on.

My main problem is what to pay for. With Amazon I pay £7.99 a month for prime which gives me next day delivery on prime items from Amazon, basic music which is 2 million songs. The 10 million song options costs another £7.99 a month on top. My wife gets a free Kindle book each month and also free delivery too. I use this and want to keep it.

Google just offers up 10 million songs on Google play music which is £9.99 a month. I don't want to pay for both.
Thanks for the update, appreciate it!

I know you were hoping to get Google Assistant before you got Google Home, hopefully you get it soon.

In regards to Google Assistant, does it add any additional funtionality to Google Home? Is there anything specific that Google Assistant will help you with your Google Home?

I understand that the two go well with each other, but I just just wanted to know exactly how they compliment each other. Well, not exactly how, but you know...🙂

Andyvalver

Jan 11, 2013
Visit site
Thanks for the update, appreciate it!

I know you were hoping to get Google Assistant before you got Google Home, hopefully you get it soon.

In regards to Google Assistant, does it add any additional funtionality to Google Home? Is there anything specific that Google Assistant will help you with your Google Home?

I understand that the two go well with each other, but I just just wanted to know exactly how they compliment each other. Well, not exactly how, but you know...🙂
I don't have Google assistant on my phone yet. Still waiting mate. So I can't tell if it will compliment it. One thing that I didn't expect was that Google home won't add an event to the to my Google Calendar yet. Seems odd seeing as the Echo does and it's not a Google product. I have added the functionality via iftttt but it's not baked into the product yet.

LineKill

Dec 24, 2011
Visit site
I don't have Google assistant on my phone yet. Still waiting mate. So I can't tell if it will compliment it. One thing that I didn't expect was that Google home won't add an event to the to my Google Calendar yet. Seems odd seeing as the Echo does and it's not a Google product. I have added the functionality via iftttt but it's not baked into the product yet.

Sometimes they are a little slow at implementing features. You would think they would have already implemented the add event functionality, I am sure they will eventually. Glad you have found a workaround though.

Thanks for the reply!