Dropped phone, cracked screen

tennislvr8

Jul 15, 2011
Visit site
Had one of those cute samsung s view clear flip covers on my phone. Dropped my phone and the screen is now cracked. I purchased it on a payment plan w Verizon in Nov. from best buy and I don't have insurance (I'll never listen to husband again. What are my options, is this something geek squad can fix? TIA

bandofbrothers2112

Trusted Member
May 30, 2016
Visit site
If you care about your Manufacturing Warranty then any work should be carried out by an authorised engineer.

Also this way the replacement screen with be an original.

Using any unauthorised engineers would void warranty and perhaps use inferior parts.

tuscanybay

Sep 30, 2013
Visit site
Samsung will charge you an arm and a leg to repair the screen.

Option 1. Get your husband to preorder you an S8. It is obviously his fault.

Option 2. Divorce him. Wait for S8 to come out, and people to sell their S7 in the 2nd hand market, buy yourself a used S7.

tennislvr8

Jul 15, 2011
Visit site
Samsung will charge you an arm and a leg to repair the screen.

Option 1. Get your husband to preorder you an S8. It is obviously his fault.

Option 2. Divorce him. Wait for S8 to come out, and people to sell their S7 in the 2nd hand market, buy yourself a used S7.

Yeah I called Samsung today, will try best buy.
Option #1 . Glad you can too see it's his fault, he however disagrees.
Option #2 . Two loses, my s7 and the divorce might be too much to overcome.

RG129

May 16, 2010
Visit site
The same thing just happened to me last weekend. I never crack my screens on any of my phones, but I just had bad luck this time. All my local repair shops quoted $350 for a screen repair not including tax. :/

I was debating getting the LG G6, waiting for the S8/S8+, or just buying a replacement S7 edge. I ended up just getting another S7 edge which was close enough to $350 anyway, and the new phone seems snappier with a longer lasting battery.

tennislvr8

Jul 15, 2011
Visit site
The same thing just happened to me last weekend. I never crack my screens on any of my phones, but I just had bad luck this time. All my local repair shops quoted $350 for a screen repair not including tax. :/

I was debating getting the LG G6, waiting for the S8/S8+, or just buying a replacement S7 edge. I ended up just getting another S7 edge which was close enough to $350 anyway, and the new phone seems snappier with a longer lasting battery.

I have NEVER cracked a screen either. I called best buy and have an appointment for them to tell me how much. They claim to be an authorized repair place and will have it done in a day. I am on device payment and only a few months in so I might be stuck paying for the repair versus getting a new phone.

tennislvr8

Jul 15, 2011
Visit site
Best buy don't actually fix s7 edge screens. I was sent to two different places, each quoted me $300. I'm not interested in paying that. I will get a screen protector, too late I know, and hope for the best.

tennislvr8

Jul 15, 2011
Visit site
So your husband is safe for now huh... ;-)

Yes, it was open enrollment at big red so I was able to add the insurance. I not really interested in a refurbished phone, so I'll just use this one until I can't take it anymore or it's starts malfunctioning.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nikoczzzz