Gmail stopped pushing email to my phone.

ulnek

Dec 22, 2009
Visit site
the only way i know i have email now is if i go into each account and refresh. yes the account sync is on. it seems it's only for mail. everything else is working properly. i have not downloaded anything in the past few days and this only started 2 days ago.

Last edited:

ulnek

Dec 22, 2009
Visit site
yep ALL sync stuffs are on. i checked. i did a soft restart. just in case. restarted several times just in case. i've not downloaded any apps or anything else in the past few days and this just started 2 days ago.

pjwk81

Jun 13, 2013
Visit site
I had the same issue with Inbox recently too. I had to reenable my Gmail notifications on the phone and then disable them again for them to start working again. Must be something up at Googles end for both to be giving trouble.

fsfty

Apr 23, 2014
Visit site
This was happening to me as well. I finally stopped using the gmail app and started using the stock email app. No more problems...

BBSeattle

Sep 9, 2010
Visit site
Go to settings, applications, click application manager, click the 3 dots menu top right corner, click Special Access, click Optimize battery Usage, click Apps not Optimized, select all apps, scroll down to Gmail and make sure it is not optimized. I had the same issue and Gmail was "optimized", deselected and it syncs as usual now.

the only way i know i have email now is if i go into each account and refresh. yes the account sync is on. it seems it's only for mail. everything else is working properly. i have not downloaded anything in the past few days and this only started 2 days ago.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Dominic Haar