does anyone know if there's a way to get Google Assistant to wake up your phone while the screen is

Lowgybear3

Nov 22, 2016
Visit site
I'm so flippin jealous of pixel owners! This feature is the only reason I'm considering switching. Has Samsung disabled this on they're phones for some reason!? I want to be able to wake up my phone using Google assistant while the screen is off!!!

LineKill

Dec 24, 2011
Visit site
I'm so flippin jealous of pixel owners! This feature is the only reason I'm considering switching. Has Samsung disabled this on they're phones for some reason!? I want to be able to wake up my phone using Google assistant while the screen is off!!!
The Best way I have found to do it is to have it on the wireless charging pad. I know this is not convenient in many situations and everyone does not have one, but it is the only way that works in certain situations for me. It is ridiculous that you cannot do it without charging.

Darius DuPree

Apr 11, 2016
Visit site

The only way I've found that works is disabling the AOD. If you want to check notifications without hitting buttons or picking up the phone, you can go into the Accessibility settings>Dexterity and Interaction>then enable the Easy Screen Turn on. It gives the Ambient Display of the Pixel, Nexus, Moto function by just waving your hand over the display. Assistant should work afterwards.

LineKill

Dec 24, 2011
Visit site
The only way I've found that works is disabling the AOD. If you want to check notifications without hitting buttons or picking up the phone, you can go into the Accessibility settings>Dexterity and Interaction>then enable the Easy Screen Turn on. It gives the Ambient Display of the Pixel, Nexus, Moto function by just waving your hand over the display. Assistant should work afterwards.
Turning off the AOD does not work for me. I wonder if there are any other settings involved in addition to that.

Darius DuPree

Apr 11, 2016
Visit site
Turning off the AOD does not work for me. I wonder if there are any other settings involved in addition to that.

Yeah I tested it out again because I've been using my AOD recently. The screen actually has to be on to get Assistant to run. So if you wave to wake it'll come on or the hardware buttons. It's super annoying to have to do. I unfortunately don't use the Assistant enough though.

LineKill

Dec 24, 2011
Visit site
Yeah I tested it out again because I've been using my AOD recently. The screen actually has to be on to get Assistant to run. So if you wave to wake it'll come on or the hardware buttons. It's super annoying to have to do. I unfortunately don't use the Assistant enough though.
Thanks for double checking, now I won't have to go crazy trying to figure it out;-)

I have been using easy screen turn on for a while now, very nice feature.

Lowgybear3

Nov 22, 2016
Visit site
The Best way I have found to do it is to have it on the wireless charging pad. I know this is not convenient in many situations and everyone does not have one, but it is the only way that works in certain situations for me. It is ridiculous that you cannot do it without charging.

Yes it sucks.. Samsung needs to change this