Just to be clear, this problem is with the international unlocked dual-SIM version of the S7 edge which I bought off an international retailer on eBay.

The phone has been wonderful until almost two months ago when I flashed the official 7.0 update using Odin. I did this manually because the phone is an Asian version and it doesn't get US OS updates on time.

Ever since then, the phone usually freezes and goes into a bootloop after several incidents: when I update apps from Google Play, when I have any cause to restart the phone or sometimes when the battery runs out and I plug it in to charge and power on.

Friend of mine says the phone's memory is corrupted and I should do a NAND repartition although I can find a way to do anything on this.

I have tried different versions of 7.0 but the same thing always happens in each situation. I have also tried factory resets, wiping the cache and app memory.

Do I flash a custom ROM? Could it solve this? I wouldn't want to trip the warranty counter unless I am sure that it works.

Please help me.
    04-15-2017 12:53 AM
    Are you certain you flashed the correct firmware for that particular variant? If you flashed a firmware for a different variant, that could potentially cause issues.
    04-15-2017 04:37 PM
    I'm having a similar issue. Screen goes black. Requires multiple hard reboots before I can get screen to come back on.

This is after a factory reset.

GS7 Nougat in Rogers Canada.
    04-17-2017 04:01 AM
    Similar issue in that you also manually flashed another ROM?
    04-17-2017 09:51 AM
    Similar issue in that you also manually flashed another ROM?
    Sorry. No I didn't flash the ROM. It's doing on it's own after the official Nougat update.

Wrong thread.
    04-19-2017 04:44 PM