So everything was fine until a few days ago when I downloaded a launcher app from the store, then I ended up deleting it but from then on whenever I got notifications from Snapchat, etc. They would appear on the lockscreen but disappear once the screen shut off. All of my settings are on for notifications and app settings but it really annoys me because if I'm not looking at my phone I have no idea if I'm getting messages or not. Any help?
    04-20-2017 12:50 PM
    Hello!

Is it just the lock screen where you are not receiving notifications? Can you see them in the notification tray if the phone is unlocked?
    04-20-2017 02:19 PM
    Hi thanks for answering, and yes it only happens when the screen is locked. I'll get a Snapchat notification and it will turn on the screen but as soon as it shuts off the notification is gone. When the phone is unlocked though it'll stay on until I go to the app
    04-20-2017 02:47 PM
    Hi thanks for answering, and yes it only happens when the screen is locked. I'll get a Snapchat notification and it will turn on the screen but as soon as it shuts off the notification is gone. When the phone is unlocked though it'll stay on until I go to the app
    I'm wondering if that prior launcher tampered with some settings. I know you mentioned about notifications being on for apps/settings, but did you look at some further settings in the notification area?

Settings app > notifications > configure notification settings (on the G5 plus its just a gear icon for the additional settings and it may show up differently on your device > What do your "on the lock screen" settings show? Does it say "Show all notification content" or "Don't show notifications at all"
    04-20-2017 02:54 PM
    I have a galaxy s7 edge, I can't seem to find the configure notification settings" button with the new update
    04-20-2017 03:05 PM
    Try Settings > lock screen & security > Notifications (tap on this for additional settings) > Then it should show you those additional settings > scroll all the way down too to make sure nothing is turned off.
    04-20-2017 03:12 PM
    The thing is I still get a notification when it's locked, the problem is it disappears on it's own after a few seconds regardless if I've seen it or not
    04-20-2017 03:13 PM
    Hello Zach, welcome to the forums. What launcher did you install? I'd start clearing cached data from your storage settings and then restart the phone. Also, go to the security settings and see what's checked as device administrator.
    04-20-2017 03:21 PM
    Were you able to navigate to that area I mentioned? Were Hide and and notification icons only both turned off?
    04-20-2017 03:22 PM
    I used an app called Nova launcher, and I went to the settings you mentioned and they were both turned off:/
    04-20-2017 04:06 PM
    That's odd! That's a very reliable launcher. Please reference what Javier mentioned above too. Do you remember installing anything additional with Nova launcher
    Javier P likes this.
    04-20-2017 04:11 PM
    I have android device manager set as my default device administrator. I went through and cleared the cache for most of my apps too, what's apps in specific should I clear the cache for?
    04-20-2017 04:54 PM
    I would clear all the cached data from the storage settings and then a restart.

I moved your thread to the S7 edge forum where it'll be easier getting feedback from other owners.
    04-20-2017 04:59 PM
    I did so and it didn't do anything. Just to clarify the notifications work when the phone is unlocked and I'm in an app or on the home screen, but it only happens when the phone is on the lockscreen. The notification will appear and then immediately disappear. Is there anything else I can do?
    04-20-2017 05:12 PM
    Not sure what else to suggest. I've read a few reports about bugs with the AOD notifications after Nougat, but didn't find a definitive solution. Did you recently update the android version? Also, which lock method are you using?
    04-20-2017 05:50 PM
    I just updated the version yesterday, and I'm using fingerprint/ pattern lock
    04-20-2017 05:52 PM
    Just a question, is this happening with the notifications from all your apps or only with those that didn't came preinstalled and you downloaded?
    04-20-2017 05:55 PM
    I think it's only happening with apps I downloaded myself, but this o my started happening yesterday when I've had to phone for about 3 weeks
    04-20-2017 06:18 PM
    It could be a bug or just a temporary glitch after the update. You could try a cache partition wipe from recovery, always recommended after a big system update.

You could also try switching notifications off and back on for some of the apps that are giving you problems.
    04-20-2017 06:47 PM
    How do I do a cache partition wipe?
    04-20-2017 10:31 PM
    How do I do a cache partition wipe?
    Hi Zach,

Here are instructions for wiping the cache partition on a GS7/Edge. If this is the first time you've done this please take your time and follow along closely. If you have questions, don't hesitate to ask!

1.Turn off the S7 Edge off
    2.Press and hold “Volume Up”, “Home” and “Power” all at the same time
    3.When the “Samsung” logo appears, release “Power”
    4.At the “Android” logo, release the other two hardware keys as well
    5.Wait for access to the Recovery menu- sometimes this takes a little bit to come up
    6.Once in the Android System Recovery menu, press “Volume down” repeatedly to navigate to and highlight “wipe cache partition”
    7.Press “Power” to confirm (there might be a yes or no confirmation here keep an eye out for it)
    8.Once the cache partition is wiped, “Reboot system now” will be highlighted
    9.Press “Power” to confirm and reboot your device
    Javier P likes this.
    04-21-2017 06:53 AM
    Ok thank you I did that and I didn't seen to work either:/ but I've found that it's the screen turning on that wipes the notification from my notification bar. When I set the app settings so it doesn't wake the screen, the notifications stay there until I wake the screen, at which point they delete again
    04-21-2017 12:55 PM