Weird Phone symbol

bsteppuhn

Feb 29, 2016
Visit site
I don't know what this is. I was talking on the phone and just found it on there. I also have a phone notification that I can click or swipe to clear

Attachments

• 5577.jpg
    5577.jpg
    34.6 KB · Views: 71

underway99

Trusted Member
Apr 7, 2011
Visit site
I don't see it listed in the icon glossary on my phone. I wonder if it's an indication that a call is active. Or maybe that you have video calling enabled.

What happens when you long press on the phone notification?

And does the icon in the notification bar go away when you end the call?

bsteppuhn

Feb 29, 2016
Visit site
I don't see it listed in the icon glossary on my phone. I wonder if it's an indication that a call is active. Or maybe that you have video calling enabled.

What happens when you long press on the phone notification?

And does the icon in the notification bar go away when you end the call?

I can't do anything with it it doesn't mess up calling idk

underway99

Trusted Member
Apr 7, 2011
Visit site
I saw it this morning on my phone. I had two notifications that went with it. One was like the one you had, and another with just the name of the caller and the term "REMOTE CALL" when I was on BT.

I understand the reason for an active call indication, but we already have one with the flashing phone icon in the status bar. Samsung or Big Red have apparently added something new.

underway99

Trusted Member
Apr 7, 2011
Visit site
As I understand it, the remote functionality seems to work through components of both applications. I disconnected my tablet from my Message+ account (leaving Advanced Calling enabled) and the Remote Call went away. I expect that disabling AC would have accomplished the same thing.

I would ask Verizon if we will have the opportunity to disable that feature. I'd hate to have to disable AC in order to continue using Message+ without the additional notifications.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
akbarramadhani12