Package Disabler Pro v9.1

doxidad

Feb 16, 2014
Visit site
Yep. I spent a lot of time trying to figure out what the 2nd pkg was that needed to be downloaded. Was it something bad, and why did I have to install it differently (install from unknown source. I guess its in Play Store now). Also, when it came up after everything was installed it had 4 or 5 packages disabled but none of the ones I normally disabled. I had to load my disabled packages to get everything back to the way I had it setup. If you never saved the xml file you would have to figure out the disabled packages over again. This took way too long for just an update.

WallaceD

Mar 21, 2010
Visit site
Someone posted the dev's supposed response on Reddit:

"many thanks for your report. we are fixing everything as fast as we can. Story is that samsung is constantly trying to stop package disabler to push in bloatware. They have put a block on package disabler package from disabling anything so we now have to use a supporting package called PDP engine This app is on play store https://forums.androidcentral.com/e...m.mlsplit.samsungservice&hl=en&token=tcD-jhL_ some bugs such as web view status display issues got introduced in the making of the urgent update. we have managed to fix almost all of them in version 9.3 that is now live on play store. can you please put this information on reditt"

Source: https://www.reddit.com/r/GalaxyS8/comments/6d0cdq/for_those_of_you_using_package_disabler_pro_do/

lammy8

Trusted Member
Apr 4, 2013
Visit site
Someone posted the dev's supposed response on Reddit:

"many thanks for your report. we are fixing everything as fast as we can. Story is that samsung is constantly trying to stop package disabler to push in bloatware. They have put a block on package disabler package from disabling anything so we now have to use a supporting package called PDP engine This app is on play store https://forums.androidcentral.com/e...m.mlsplit.samsungservice&hl=en&token=tL5IWoEB some bugs such as web view status display issues got introduced in the making of the urgent update. we have managed to fix almost all of them in version 9.3 that is now live on play store. can you please put this information on reditt"

Source: https://www.reddit.com/r/GalaxyS8/comments/6d0cdq/for_those_of_you_using_package_disabler_pro_do/

I've already spoken to the Dev and pointed out I'm on the latest firmware etc and that the app worked fine, so why change it? I couldn't even use an older version as it refused to authenticate.

magichoward

Dec 2, 2011
Visit site
I was a great fan... But I also noticed I can now just disable the main offenders like Facebook and most others that I don't use from with the apps settings I think this should be just as good.. Almost any thoughts?

tsells

Jul 8, 2012
Visit site
I had no problem with it (but I had previously saved a backup).

The newest update has now screwed up the app. Now I just get a screen saying that the app is activating on my device, but it never leaves that screen.

UPDATE: I found the fix for the newest update:
Uninstall PDP Engine (the app that was added on previous update). You must go to device administrator first to disable this app.
Hopefully you have a backup exported to a XML file on your phone.
Then open up Package Disabler Pro and you then reinstall the PDP Engine. Then import the XML file with the apps that are disabled. (If you don't have a backup you'll have to reset what apps are disabled.)

Last edited:

Golfdriver97

Trusted Member Team Leader
Dec 4, 2012
Visit site
I've already spoken to the Dev and pointed out I'm on the latest firmware etc and that the app worked fine, so why change it? I couldn't even use an older version as it refused to authenticate.

Not all the firmware is the same. It may be possible the Verizon or AT&T variant broke the app and the developer fixed it so that no matter what carrier you have, it will work.

Edit: I have the PDP and the add on app, and it worked fine for me. Somewhere, one of the updates re enabled most of the bloatware on the phone. Why on Earth do I need the Yellow Pages app? (Rhetorical question...lol)

pjwk81

Jun 13, 2013
Visit site
I need it as all that Gear VR and Knox stuff seriously drains battery to the point that I'd need to change phones. Package Disabler went completely mental on me last night and crashed my phone every time I tried open it, but I uninstalled both it and PDP and reinstalled them. Been fine since and it's blocking those things for me.

Mark Valentine

Mar 20, 2014
Visit site
The update has caused all of my apps to reset. And when I disabled the same group of apps again, I was experiencing this problem where it wouldn't load emails when I open them, or interest browser and Bing tabs weren't loading websites. Ive been trying to see what app that I disabled caused this. But I couldn't track it down and I got tired of attempting it after like five tries. It wasn't broken and they had to update it. What was once a spectacular app is now useless for me.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Landers2