Samsung Internet browser vs Chrome

talberry

Feb 13, 2017
Visit site
Anyone using the Samsung built in browser? Is it any good?
I'm currently using Chrome at the moment, but I'm just curious.

Also, which browser is more data friendly?

Thanks in advance!

Zachary Boddy

Trusted Member
Aug 5, 2015
Visit site
Chrome is the better browser over all. There's nothing inherently wrong with Samsung's version it's just a little "clunkier" and arguably not as good looking. There are some nice features there but as far as I know anything Samsung's browser can do Chrome can do and usually better.

underway99

Trusted Member
Apr 7, 2011
Visit site
You can use all of your Chrome bookmarks with the Samsung browser. But the biggest thing it has going for it is that you can use ad blockers and such with the Samsung browser. The ad blocking apps and plugins are available in the Play store.

cirrob

Mar 11, 2011
Visit site
You can use all of your Chrome bookmarks with the Samsung browser. But the biggest thing it has going for it is that you can use ad blockers and such with the Samsung browser. The ad blocking apps and plugins are available in the Play store.
Yup. I use it exclusively for the ad blocking. It's essentially the same, but with the nice extension feature. Why extensions have not been added to chrome after this king I don't k is. But I have up waiting.

Zachary Boddy

Trusted Member
Aug 5, 2015
Visit site

I didn't know that, actually. That's kind of nifty.

Zachary Boddy

Trusted Member
Aug 5, 2015
Visit site
Yup. I use it exclusively for the ad blocking. It's essentially the same, but with the nice extension feature. Why extensions have not been added to chrome after this king I don't k is. But I have up waiting.

Google makes most of their revenue through ads. I would find it strangely amusing if they built an ad-blocker into the default browser of the most used operating system in the world. All being built by Google. Who makes money from ads. I don't think that's exactly irony, but it's still funny.

L0n3N1nja

Jan 11, 2014
Visit site
I find the Samsung browser to be a little quicker, but to be honest as both update their browsers it goes back and forth. I've heard Chrome consumes more battery, but I have no proof of it.

I use the Samsung browser because it let me install adblock which has sped up my browsing and stops those annoying full screen pop up ads that require clicking out of.

cirrob

Mar 11, 2011
Visit site
Google makes most of their revenue through ads. I would find it strangely amusing if they built an ad-blocker into the default browser of the most used operating system in the world. All being built by Google. Who makes money from ads. I don't think that's exactly irony, but it's still funny.
They have extensions on their desktop. Samsung has it on their mobile. It's unavoidable. Regardless, I'm not concerned with their revenue. I'm concerned with my browsing experience. I chalk this up to, "not my problem" if they offered a paid version that have me a better experience I'd buy it. But with the choice of two free browsers, one of which let's me block ads, I rho k it's a fairly logical choice.

Enverdaz

Dec 7, 2013
Visit site
I have been using the Samsung Internet Beta ..
Liking the ad-block add ons ..
The quick display zoom / text resize tool is handy sometimes ..
seems quite fast and stable

Zachary Boddy

Trusted Member
Aug 5, 2015
Visit site
They have extensions on their desktop. Samsung has it on their mobile. It's unavoidable. Regardless, I'm not concerned with their revenue. I'm concerned with my browsing experience. I chalk this up to, "not my problem" if they offered a paid version that have me a better experience I'd buy it. But with the choice of two free browsers, one of which let's me block ads, I rho k it's a fairly logical choice.

I understand that. I just don't think Google's going to change their ways any time soon. They tend to be a stubborn company.

anon(5630457)

Jan 27, 2013
Visit site
I use Samsung browser because you can use biometric security to authenticate websites, which you cannot do in Chrome. You can also use adblocking extensions in the Samsung browser on mobile.

Tsepz_GP

Apr 20, 2013
Visit site
Samsung's Web Browser is better, IMO, by a longshot!

- Ad Blocking
-Biometric sign in to websites
- Much lower use of Battery and RAM

TheDonJ77

May 13, 2011
Visit site
This ^ Samsung's browser is far superior to chrome in my opinion for exactly the above posts. Samsung Pass is awesome

touruser78

Apr 27, 2011
Visit site

How do you get the chrome bookmarks to sync?

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
andrewsmith