Can't disable stock Dialer - HELP

samuelodog

Dec 9, 2016
Visit site
Hi -
new to Samsung, I discovered that (Unlike my trusty old HTC one mini 2) the car mode was missing. So I installed a new one – HTC’s one to be precise. (I am also using Nova Prime).

I then had the problem that in car mode (landscape) the S7 dialer comes up in portrait, with no way to change it. So I installed Rocketdialer, which can rotate, and selected it as my ‘Default dialer’.

This was fine, and I got the rocket dialler into the HTC drive mode app. But when I press the dialer to send a call, what should pop up but SAMSUNG’S BLOOMING SToCK DIALER. ! It wont go away.!

So I downloaded package disabler – selected the android.com contacts (which I’m led to believe is the S7 Dialer) and disabled it.

But when I use rocket dialer, hit call, the S7 Stock dialer still pops up?! In portrait!

It’s very frustrating. The S7 seems full of little annoying things.

Please help? What do I do?

Thanks

Golfdriver97

Trusted Member Team Leader
Dec 4, 2012
Visit site
Welcome to the forums. The com.android contacts line is not the dialer. Samsung's should be labeled phone. Try disabling that one instead.

SwanTayle

Dec 13, 2016
Visit site
okey, i managed to do this a few weeks ago only just saw this thread while looking for something else so install whatever dialler you wish to use then in your package disabling app of choice disable com.android.incallui im currently using the dialler from the new google pixel phones cause thankgod im so over that hold button on my s7 edge its nearly caused a few arguments between my partner and I