Help!! Galaxy s7 won't boot ; System status: CUSTOM

status_broke

Feb 3, 2017
Visit site
Hi, I really need some help with my s7. As of recently my s7 just randomly stopped booting and got stuck with the blue LED notification light still on. I tried everything to get it to boot but it never did. I can get to the recovery menu so I tried flashing a stock room via ODIN off of Sammobile. It still wouldn't boot and the system status changed to (system status: custom).

Now I've fixed this issue before and what I did last time was I flashed a stock rom and then used Kies and / or Smart switch and the Firmware upgrade and Initialisation which changed it from custom back to official and it finally would boot. However, that is not working this time. I've tried 3 different stock roms including UAE 6.01 / UAE 7.0 / UK 6.01 and I've tried using kies and smart switch a million times to no avail. I don't remember if I turned on developer options last time or not but either way I can't get the phone to boot now.

I live in Japan and I imported this phone so If i can't find a solution on these boards I'm out $750. I'll try anything, I'm desperate to get this damn thing working again. Please help :( .

Here are some pictures with info about the phone.

Gby2Bty.jpg

yhu3SmD.jpg

Xd0NZZh.jpg

Last edited:

srkmagnus

Retired Moderator
May 23, 2010
Visit site
It seems like you flashed the wrong file. I would suggest continuing to find the correct file to restore via Odin.

status_broke

Feb 3, 2017
Visit site
How do I find the right file? You mean the wrong stock firmware? From what I could tell, my phone is originally from UAE so that's why I tried those. Could you please tell me which file I am supposed to use? I posted all of the information I can possible know about my phone besides the S/N and IMEI. Is it possible to know the file I'm supposed to use from the information I posted? Thanks so much for your help.

DZCALI Khan

Dec 28, 2016
Visit site
While it is stuck on booting try press and hold volume down and power key.

Since I flashed from Odin I've had to do that on every reboot but it just force reboots and works fine thereafter

Also when flashing with Odin be sure to use the correct PIT file for the firmware you are flashing to and leave repartition ticked

Latest posts

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
nilsgutkowski