What type of USB port will the Galaxy S7 have?

Leaf81

Jun 26, 2015
Visit site
re:

It will probably be micro USB. It's kind of unfortunate though, I think Samsung needs to move to type C to push the rest of the market towards it.

sunburned

May 1, 2012
Visit site
re:

Throwing my hat into the type-C crowd. I'm not sure why everyone is up in arms about a switch, USB cables are like 4-5 bucks a piece. Not like you have to buy a ridiculous proprietary $30 cord...

jcthorne#AC

Jun 24, 2011
Visit site
re:

what is the advantage to type C to be worth buying new cables, chargers and making current docs and auto connections incompatible?

bbycrts

Jul 27, 2011
Visit site
re:

I couldn't care less...if it has wireless charging. Which I love, though most seem to be pretty meh about it. I'll probably hang on to the S6 if the S7 doesn't have wireless.

Zendroid1

Trusted Member
Aug 22, 2011
Visit site
Re:

I couldn't care less...if it has wireless charging. Which I love, though most seem to be pretty meh about it. I'll probably hang on to the S6 if the S7 doesn't have wireless.

It will be interesting to see the route Samsung takes if they go with USB-C. Google decided to not incorporate wireless charging into the Nexus devices supposedly because USB-C charges fast and is easier to plug in (reversible).

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jm_rookie2