SD card for S7 but not S7 Edge?

Zendroid1

Trusted Member
Aug 22, 2011
Visit site
I saw this on instagram from a known leaker/blogger. He said the S7 would see the return of the SD Card slot but only for the S7 not the S7 Edge. Has this been common knowledge? I don't think I heard this before. I've only heard that SD card might be coming back.

I really want the Edge but might lean towards the S7 regular if it is the only version that has the SD card slot.

What do you all think? Would you go S7 over edge if this is true?

TexMexDroid

Sep 15, 2015
Visit site
I've had so many issues with the way Android handles SD cards that I've had enough! Now I go for models with as much built-in memory as I can afford. IMO, Samsung's internal memory is faster too, even when using decent quality SD cards.

dizzll

Feb 17, 2016
Visit site
I prefer internal memory but still like the option. It is nice to be able to bring extra movies and data for trips. Also if I am somewhere and need to access a card it is handy.

FACTagent

Feb 11, 2011
Visit site
There was a leaked image today showing a dual tray (SIM and SD card) on the S7. Since the S7 Edge will also have a SIM tray, I cannot think of a reason that it could also not be a dual tray. I would be more concerned if SD card was being implemented with a separate slot.

recDNA

Jun 29, 2011
Visit site
I like 64gb internal AND an sd card. I like to keep secure things internal. Movies and music in external.

OceanView

Jul 13, 2012
Visit site
There was a leaked image today showing a dual tray (SIM and SD card) on the S7. Since the S7 Edge will also have a SIM tray, I cannot think of a reason that it could also not be a dual tray. I would be more concerned if SD card was being implemented with a separate slot.

OMG, that would be awesome if it has dual sim option.
I'm guessing that would be for non US markets mostly Asia.
So why can't we get dual sims in the US?

FACTagent

Feb 11, 2011
Visit site
OMG, that would be awesome if it has dual sim option.
I'm guessing that would be for non US markets mostly Asia.
So why can't we get dual sims in the US?

I think the leak implied it would be a tray designed to hold SIM + SD card, not necessarily dual SIMs....

Almeuit

Moderator Team Leader
Apr 17, 2012
Visit site
I think the leak implied it would be a tray designed to hold SIM + SD card, not necessarily dual SIMs....

I believe Ocean was just asking why can't we get dual SIM phones in the US (it is common in other countries to have dual SIMs and even have an SD slot).

D13H4RD2L1V3

Retired Moderator
Sep 4, 2013
Visit site
It's possible but we'll see on the 21st.

Personally, I would really want an SD card because I'm a very heavy user of internal storage, but if Samsung either releases the Edge in a 64GB flavor as the base or has an upgrade to it at a reasonable price, then I presume it will be fine for many.

Would still love an SD card slot on the Edge though. It's just me.

Last edited:

Storm24

Jan 25, 2011
Visit site
I just don't see why the S7 would have an SD card slot and the Edge would not. I would think that the internals are the same except for the screens.

jcthorne#AC

Jun 24, 2011
Visit site
If the Edge releases sans SD card slot, I am out. No real reason to 'upgrade' from the S6. Perhaps this is the year to give LG a good look see.

D13H4RD2L1V3

Retired Moderator
Sep 4, 2013
Visit site
Honestly, I think it's best for them to put the slot on both models, even if many of their customers won't utilize them.

There's always a group of people who have a 128GB Class 10 UHS-I SD card ready for use. I'm one of them.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jokomad