S7 - Who's gonna buy and who will wait for reviews?

anon(464338)

Aug 29, 2011
Visit site
After last year, I'm sorta gonna wait some time for reviews and feedback. I bought the s6 without really doing research and was surprised at the poor battery life and lag. Ram seemed to be in issue as well. Looks like Samsung has addressed most of this but I'm just not as comfortable as some of the fan boys are. So are you guys mesmerized already or will you wait it out to see what it's all about first?

Posted via the Android Central App

missy8787

Jan 11, 2016
Visit site
Re: Who's gonna buy and who will wait for reviews?

I'm going to see at least some reviews first I have a toss up between this phone and the lg G5

dizzll

Feb 17, 2016
Visit site

I'm gonna pre-order. BUT, if it is waterproof, bigger battery, new OS, SD Card, improved low light camera and there is still an issue. It will be my last.

anon(464338)

Aug 29, 2011
Visit site

I'm gonna pre-order. BUT, if it is waterproof, bigger battery, new OS, SD Card, improved low light camera and there is still an issue. It will be my last.

That's the thing. They always look great on paper. It's the real world use that I'm interested in as well.

James E1

Trusted Member
Mar 18, 2013
Visit site

I will wait until the HTC M10 is released and decide between it and the S7. LG G5 is just to ugly for me to even consider.

benmoran

Feb 18, 2016
Visit site

Still thinking about getting the S7. Totally skipped the S6 as I wanted to try other phones but I have to say, I do miss Samsung's quality especially their camera. I hope it all goes well for those pre-ordering the phone and getting it early on.

I hope this is a step forward for the phone.

anon(27512)

May 28, 2010
Visit site

I loved the S6. Only problem I had was the lack of battery life but it wasn't a deal breaker for me. But I'm used to burning through smart phone batteries.

My Note 5 on the other hand dissaponted me.

cohoman

Apr 16, 2011
Visit site

Waiting to read some hands on reviews before considering an upgrade from my S6 to the S7.

ric2001

Jan 22, 2016
Visit site

Moving to Android and was considering S6 Active but now will wait for reviews of S7. However, two things have come up which make me reconsider: ATT has a buy one get one on the Active and the S7 battery has now been been reported to be 2800 mAh instead of 3000 mAh which was rumored before. I know Marshmallow improves things but, that doesn't seem like a significant bump when it was one of the biggest issues (if not the biggest) with the previous model. I'll probably still wait for the reviews which I'm sure will come out quickly.

Almeuit

Moderator Team Leader
Apr 17, 2012
Visit site

I don't think I am going to leave my Nexus 6P for awhile but .. just to chip my $0.02 in on the thread ..

Normally I would say I would wait but once the time comes I usually break down and buy it with only a few opinions lol ^_^.

rumbikrobo

Dec 13, 2015
Visit site

I'm probably going to wait for solid reviews first but I am thinking of getting this device at some point

Randy 1

Nov 21, 2015
Visit site

I jumped in and pre ordered when S 6 Edge was being released. My first edge locked up and nothing would get it working again Samsung traded me and I received another new edge that always somehow moving all photos from Gallery to SD card and haven't found a way to get them back to Gallery or how photos moved out of Gallery always happens overnight while charging. Fingerprint scan worked for 3 days now it won't do anything except clean ,wipe off sensor and tRyan again. No matter how much I clean off the sensor it's the same thing.
Can't register fingerprint it's worthless.
Yea, I will wait a few months might leave Samsung for LG. .

Storm24

Jan 25, 2011
Visit site

I will pre-order no doubt. Usually in the time from when it is announced to the time it is released, they send phones to people to review. So I think we will have a pretty good idea of what this phone will be like before it actually is released. While I am not a fan of TW, the biggest reason for me to get the Edge is the bigger screen size and Samsung Pay. I love not having to use my wallet or credit card. That makes this phone win over all the competitors....

Zendroid1

Trusted Member
Aug 22, 2011
Visit site

Pre-order or bust!

I love being part of the test crowd. The good and the bad!

ThrottleJohnny

Trusted Member
Apr 1, 2014
Visit site
Once the S7 is revealed, you'll pretty much know what you're getting. Unless you want to wait to see how day to day battery life sorts out.

erwaso

Mar 11, 2011
Visit site

I'm all for reviews first but I'd also love to get my hands on one to review for others.

I did that for the G4 as a consumer and not a fancy you tuber, and feel it helps those here to decide.

T48

Dec 2, 2011
Visit site

Moving to Android and was considering S6 Active but now will wait for reviews of S7. However, two things have come up which make me reconsider: ATT has a buy one get one on the Active and the S7 battery has now been been reported to be 2800 mAh instead of 3000 mAh which was rumored before. I know Marshmallow improves things but, that doesn't seem like a significant bump when it was one of the biggest issues (if not the biggest) with the previous model. I'll probably still wait for the reviews which I'm sure will come out quickly.

Battery life was phenomenal on the S6A. Though have not checked lately to see if it was on ATT's list for Marshmallow update. Would hope it would get it at some point? Last year it was only a few days past the release of the S6/S6E that the Active was coming in June. So maybe by late March there will be a leak for a S7A.

jerrycau123

Mar 13, 2015
Visit site

I am wondering how many variants in the s7 line?. I was told there may be 4?... I am interested in the largest phone. Does anyone have any ideas?..I am with Tmobile and I am on the Jump on demand program. I can try up to 3 phones a year! I have already tried the LG V 10, and I just didn't like that phone! ...The LG 5 sounds good but I don't like LG'S format!.. My ideal phone is the Note 6! ..

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nanran21