Pre-ordering full retail, Do we still qualify for vr headset and memory card? [S7]

Joe the Insider

Trusted Member
Feb 19, 2011
Visit site
I wanted to Preorder at best buy and they are giving a free VR headset and memory card. I'm going to buy full retail, Do I still qualify for the promo?

dpham00

Moderator Team VP
Apr 23, 2011
Visit site
Re: Pre-ordering full retail, Do we still qualify for vr headset and memory card?

Sorry this one

uploadfromtaptalk1456111075840.jpg

Joe the Insider

Trusted Member
Feb 19, 2011
Visit site
Re: Pre-ordering full retail, Do we still qualify for vr headset and memory card?

Looks like you'll get your stuff right at best buy, where as if you get it anywhere else, you have to do a form.

Andrew Curnutte

Aug 1, 2013
Visit site

I am wondering if you were to buy the ATT version of the phone at full unactivated price at Best buy that it would work on a Pay as you go service like Straight talk...I really want to preorder this at my local best buy to get all the bonuses but I need it to be unlocked or to be able to use on Straight talk.

Murph5065

Dec 3, 2015
Visit site

I am wondering if you were to buy the ATT version of the phone at full unactivated price at Best buy that it would work on a Pay as you go service like Straight talk...I really want to preorder this at my local best buy to get all the bonuses but I need it to be unlocked or to be able to use on Straight talk.

Yes it will work on straighttalk i have full retail att lgg3 on with straight talk

Posted via the Android Central App

dpham00

Moderator Team VP
Apr 23, 2011
Visit site

Yes so long as it is an att straight talk sim.

Andrew Curnutte

Aug 1, 2013
Visit site

Yes so long as it is an att straight talk sim.

Fantastic guys!!! I confirmed with my local best buy also before I saw this although they said they did not know for sure if I would be able to buy outright during preorder due to how they process sales with carrier phones.

dpham00

Moderator Team VP
Apr 23, 2011
Visit site

Fantastic guys!!! I confirmed with my local best buy also before I saw this although they said they did not know for sure if I would be able to buy outright during preorder due to how they process sales with carrier phones.
Best buy can be a pain sometimes... However it will work, if you can get them to sell it to you.

If not get it from att and you will still get the vr and $50 app promotion, just not the 64gb sd card.

Jay Holm

Mar 20, 2013
Visit site

Looks like you'll get your stuff right at best buy, where as if you get it anywhere else, you have to do a form.

Best Buy doesn't sell T-Mobile smartphones though do they?

Feldon

Sep 21, 2014
Visit site

This is just my opinion and of course you are open to do what you want, but this just sounds like a terrible idea. You're going to get the AT&T clonephone version of the Samsung Galaxy S7, pay full price for it, and then use it on Straight Talk. Just FYI, the AT&T clonephone version of Samsung models are 6-9 months behind on updates, completely disable rooting/Cyanogenmod, and then LOAD the phone up with GB's of bloatware that you cannot remove, right?

On the AT&T Samsung Galaxy S5, we waited 9 months for 5.1.1 and probably have another 7 months to go for 6.0.

I'm on the fence, but am currently looking either the international carrier unlocked Samsung Galaxy S7 or the Nexus 6P. I have to decide if the camera and SD card slot in the S7 is worth the $200 premium.

Joe the Insider

Trusted Member
Feb 19, 2011
Visit site

This is just my opinion and of course you are open to do what you want, but this just sounds like a terrible idea. You're going to get the AT&T clonephone version of the Samsung Galaxy S7, pay full price for it, and then use it on Straight Talk. Just FYI, the AT&T clonephone version of Samsung models are 6-9 months behind on updates, completely disable rooting/Cyanogenmod, and then LOAD the phone up with GB's of bloatware that you cannot remove, right?

On the AT&T Samsung Galaxy S5, we waited 9 months for 5.1.1 and probably have another 7 months to go for 6.0.

I'm on the fence, but am currently looking either the international carrier unlocked Samsung Galaxy S7 or the Nexus 6P. I have to decide if the camera and SD card slot in the S7 is worth the $200 premium.
If you're interested, I just bought a brand new Nexus 6p 64gb in Aluminum. I didn't activate it yet and plan not to, because I've decided to get the s7 edge. I'll sell it for less than you would get it at anywhere else. I'll put it on ebay or swappa to if you want to make it legit.

lindseybp

May 7, 2010
Visit site

Have they said what full retail is on the ATT S7?

deng66

Jun 3, 2011
Visit site

S7 is listed at 694.99 and edge at 794.99 (AT&T)

Andrew Curnutte

Aug 1, 2013
Visit site

I really do not care to much about the bloatware and I can delete as much as possible.(hopefully this phone wont be so locked out that I can't add a custom rom to it if need be) I just absolutely do not want a contract with any carrier and I can not find anywhere to buy the preorder unlocked either.

erwaso

Mar 11, 2011
Visit site

S7 is listed at 694.99 and edge at 794.99 (AT&T)

This makes monthly payments more appealing. The cost of the S7 edge is close to a 55" 4k HDTV lol

dizzll

Feb 17, 2016
Visit site

I'll just add on I ordered online from Best Buy (AT&T is my carrier). My order indicates I will receive the phone, VR, and Memory Card no later than 3/11. It doesn't mention about forms or anything else. Just letting you guys know...

Jaycemiskel

Trusted Member
Jul 28, 2011
Visit site

Yeah, best buy gives it to you immediately. Their retail price was also cheaper than the carrier for me. I'm with Verizon. I also had a 150 dollar BB gift card to help me out.

nizmoz

Banned
Jun 26, 2010
Visit site

I'll just add on I ordered online from Best Buy (AT&T is my carrier). My order indicates I will receive the phone, VR, and Memory Card no later than 3/11. It doesn't mention about forms or anything else. Just letting you guys know...

I've been screwed by BB too many times. They say that date, but sometimes they run out and you get it much later. I rather do AT&T.