How long till discounts are offered for the S7 (from carriers)?

T48

Dec 2, 2011
Visit site
Went to Best Buy to check out the S7s and spoke to the rep there and told him how I wish AT&T still had subsidized prices and I didn't want to lose my unlimited data and only paying $85/m now for my single line and he try to show me how going with the Next plan the cost of the phone could be almost like buying subsidized pricing by going with 15gb data plan which includes merging my wifes account which includes my daughter (i6Plus + i6S) which may make it cheaper combined? something to do with how not as much taxes charged with Next plan or something. I have to look into it. Any comments on Next plan appreciated.

They charge a $40 per phone number account access to the billed plan. If you purchased a phone on contract @ $199 for example, you pay that $40 per month. If you go with the next plan, they discount that access by $25 plus what ever you pay for the phone on the plan per month. Right now the S7 is showing a $23.17 per month payment on the Next plan. So you would save a whole $1.83 per month, ;) but did NOT have to pay that $199 up front either.

For me, my phone is paid off, so my bill is discounted the $25. I also believe the carriers made the plans confusing so people cannot compare carrier plans to easily.

erwaso

Mar 11, 2011
Visit site
Went to Best Buy to check out the S7s and spoke to the rep there and told him how I wish AT&T still had subsidized prices and I didn't want to lose my unlimited data and only paying $85/m now for my single line and he try to show me how going with the Next plan the cost of the phone could be almost like buying subsidized pricing by going with 15gb data plan which includes merging my wifes account which includes my daughter (i6Plus + i6S) which may make it cheaper combined? something to do with how not as much taxes charged with Next plan or something. I have to look into it. Any comments on Next plan appreciated.

A few posts in the at&t section here explained this well

I like next.

codeda

Jan 28, 2012
Visit site
I still think it's weird no one has complained or mentioned the fact that the Galaxy s7 is being released $100 more than the Galaxy s6 was. That was 599 when released. Not sure what warrants the price bump this year.

gtg465x

Jun 29, 2010
Visit site
I still think it's weird no one has complained or mentioned the fact that the Galaxy s7 is being released $100 more than the Galaxy s6 was. That was 599 when released. Not sure what warrants the price bump this year.

It depends on your carrier. The prices from AT&T and T-Mobile are about the same as last year. Actually, the T-Mobile S7 is $10 less than the T-Mobile S6 was and the AT&T S7 Edge is $20 less than the AT&T S6 Edge was. It looks like Verizon's prices did go up by $80 compared to last year, so I assume that's your carrier? I think Verizon was just cheaper than everyone else last year and had a good deal on them, but this year they are using similar pricing to everyone else.

Here are last year's prices at launch for reference.
Where to buy the Samsung Galaxy S6 and Galaxy S6 edge today | Android Central

codeda

Jan 28, 2012
Visit site
It depends on your carrier. The prices from AT&T and T-Mobile are about the same as last year. Actually, the T-Mobile S7 is $10 less than the T-Mobile S6 was and the AT&T S7 Edge is $20 less than the AT&T S6 Edge was. It looks like Verizon's prices did go up by $80 compared to last year, so I assume that's your carrier? I think Verizon was just cheaper than everyone else last year and had a good deal on them, but this year they are using similar pricing to everyone else.

Here are last year's prices at launch for reference.
Where to buy the Samsung Galaxy S6 and Galaxy S6 edge today | Android Central

Thanks for providing that. I do cricket but did buy mine unlocked for 599. Didn't know there was such a huge difference in prices from carriers last year.

Matt Valenzuela

Feb 26, 2014
Visit site
Sprint has buy one get one 50% off for preorder Offer details: "Get one Samsung Galaxy S7 or S7 edge and get 50 percent off the second. Plus, get the newest Galaxy every year with Galaxy Forever. Only from Sprint. For well-qualified customer with new-line activation. Restrictions and exclusions apply. 50% off promotion isn't reflected during checkout; credit applied to your bill as a service credit w/in 3 invoices." Plus I think they are also doing the free Gear VR too.

Posted via the Android Central App

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
w8wca