Galaxy S7 - Why ONLY 32G memory? NO other options? Technical or marketing?

D13H4RD2L1V3

Retired Moderator
Sep 4, 2013
Visit site
They ditched the higher capacity models because those models apparently weren't selling so hot.

So they put in an SD card slot to compensate.

donm527

Aug 21, 2014
Visit site

Peter Papoulakos

Mar 15, 2013
Visit site
32gb might be enough for some, but when your SD card unmounts and everything starts writing to the internal memory like my s3, s4 and s5 did your out if luck especially with the s7 because popping the Sim and SD card slot is not as easy as the past galaxy devices when you are on the go.

Not to mention the lag viewing photos after a shot is taken. My s6 is way faster than my s5 at viewing photos after a photo is taken but still lags sometimes, hopefully the s7 can access the photos on the SD faster than my s5 did and still keep up with the s6 which lags 2-3 seconds sometimes.

Posted via the Android Central App

Cakefish

Jun 15, 2015
Visit site
I recommend getting UHS 3 micro SD. That's what I'll be doing. Worth the extra cost for as minimal degradation in performance as possible.
They ditched the higher capacity models because those models apparently weren't selling so hot.

So they put in an SD card slot to compensate.
Vast majority of everyday folk buy the 32GB Samsung and 16GB Apple phones. They just get whatever is cheapest.

D13H4RD2L1V3

Retired Moderator
Sep 4, 2013
Visit site
Vast majority of everyday folk buy the 32GB Samsung and 16GB Apple phones. They just get whatever is cheapest.
Yep, though Apple can somehow get away with that since I had to purchase the 128GB variant of the iPad Pro as 32GB is just too small for what I'm going to be using it for. Same goes for the 6S. As much as I loved that thing, 16GB base is pathetic in 2015, let alone 2016, especially when you consider that it records 4K video.

Samsung doesn't seem to enjoy that same amount of brand loyalty, so perhaps its harder for consumers to justify spending the extra on higher amounts of internal storage. So they just ditched them due to poor sales and reinstated the SD card slot to compensate.