04-21-2017 07:48 AM
49 12
tools
    I haven't used a screen protector on a phone since my iPhone 3GS, and have never regretted it.

...Until my Galaxy S6 edge. It was doing well - clear, wonderful screen...no scratches. Then I bough the Samsung Clear S-View case for it.

Samsung's own case created unremovable blemishes on the screen! It took them forever to own up to it, and by the time I found out Samsung was doing replacements, it was too late.

I'm upgrading to the S7 edge - not just for the return of expandable storage, but also to have a clear screen again! And this time I'm going to add on a screen protector. You never know who or what will create some irreversible blemishes on these expensive phones; and if I can't trust the phone's manufacturer not to screw it up, I can't trust anyone else either.
    What marks did it make on the screen?
    02-28-2016 04:59 PM
    The phone comes with latest Corning Gorilla glass protection..so there should be no need to use any screen guard for the phone.
    There should be no need to use any screen guard FOR YOU AND YOUR PHONE!

In my case, I always have tempered glass screen and case ready before I get my phone!
    I will not use my phone without a tempered glass!

Again, I am speaking for MYSELF!
    SR45 and TwitchyPuppy like this.
    02-28-2016 05:43 PM
    What marks did it make on the screen?
    I can't post links yet, but google "samsung galaxy s6 s-view cover marks" and you'll see what i mean. the [Statement] article from sammobile has pictures that exactly match what i experienced.
    02-28-2016 10:36 PM
    It's really just gonna be personal preference. That being said, I've personally never used a screen protector on any of my phones and I've never had so much as a blemish on any of my screens. I always prefer a case with the front edges elevated just enough to keep the phone screen from ever touching a surface. Accidentally dropped phones several times with these cases on and no damage at all. This is all just personal experience though. Obviously results may vary.
    02-29-2016 10:06 AM
    I always use screen protectors, preferably tempered glass ones... Gorilla Glass is scratch resistant, not scratch proof. And it's a lot easier to replace a $10 screen protector than pay $200+ for a new screen (the S7 Edge replacement panel isn't going to come cheap).

There are cheap protectors and good quality ones... there are even good quality plastic ones that don't have that plastic wrap feel. Now, I did see a story where someone will start to make TG ones for the Edge now. I'd be nervous to have those bends sticking out there unprotected.
    02-29-2016 12:29 PM
    When I get a new phone I put an enexpensive case and screen protector. They protect the phone in case i need to return it in the first 14 days. After that I may get a better case and screen proctor.

Posted via the Android Central App
    TwitchyPuppy likes this.
    02-29-2016 12:58 PM
    No. Screen protector will not save your phone from a drop and it looks ugly
    In my personal experience, I have seen 2 times where someone dropped a phone with a tempered glass protector and the protector broke while the phone screen stayed intact. Now I am not saying that the drop would have broken the phone screen, but I have been putting tempered glass protectors on my devices for a little while now, and after those 2 incidents, if it is possible, I will always put a tempered glass protector on my phone.
    02-29-2016 01:33 PM
    In my personal experience, I have seen 2 times where someone dropped a phone with a tempered glass protector and the protector broke while the phone screen stayed intact. Now I am not saying that the drop would have broken the phone screen, but I have been putting tempered glass protectors on my devices for a little while now, and after those 2 incidents, if it is possible, I will always put a tempered glass protector on my phone.
    I would imagine that protective screen would be more useful if phones is dropped on gravel as oppose to asphalt
    02-29-2016 05:44 PM
    Also, do we think the phone will come with any sort of screen protector already on it?
    It came with one...low grader but there is one on it out of the box
    08-20-2016 10:59 AM
    Screen protectors are really nice to have if you dont want to be constantly wiping your phone because of fingerprints and grime!!

Posted via the Android Central App
    TwitchyPuppy likes this.
    08-20-2016 09:01 PM
    It is all personal choice. I personally like having the peace of mind that the screen has a protector and the phone is in a case. I stick with tempered glass protectors, only issue is with the s7's slight curve makes for a irritating experience withe collecting dust on the sides.
    TwitchyPuppy likes this.
    08-22-2016 07:22 AM
    yes of course because screen protector is very important.
    08-22-2016 09:58 AM
    I'll be putting a ZAGG (military grade) Invisashield on my S7. I have them on my S5 and my Galaxy Note 2014 Edition. The GN2014 has had it since Dec 2013 and the S5 since May of 2014. Both are still perfectly attached. For some reason I dug a fingernail into the ZAGG so hard that it left an indention. I knew it was supposed to be "self healing" and sure enough, in a few minutes it was back to normal
    Is that the same one VZW sells? Mine sucked. Bubbles wouldn't go away. Peeled up at bottom too.
    08-22-2016 12:01 PM
    Hi. I have had many phones now and I install screen protectors on all of my phones. Actually, I always install glass screen protectors on my phones as this is much better than just a regular plastic screen protector. I always install screen protectors, regardless, because you never know what might happen with your phone. Even though I am usually pretty careful with my phones, I never know when my screen might drag across a sharp item to scratch my whole screen in many places. Glass also provides more protection than plastic on phone screens. This is all just "in my experience". I hope this helps in making your decision!
    TwitchyPuppy likes this.
    08-22-2016 11:34 PM
    Hi. I have had many phones now and I install screen protectors on all of my phones. Actually, I always install glass screen protectors on my phones as this is much better than just a regular plastic screen protector. I always install screen protectors, regardless, because you never know what might happen with your phone. Even though I am usually pretty careful with my phones, I never know when my screen might drag across a sharp item to scratch my whole screen in many places. Glass also provides more protection than plastic on phone screens. This is all just "in my experience". I hope this helps in making your decision!
    Do you have a glass screen protector on your S7? If so, could you recommend one?
    08-23-2016 02:14 AM
    Do you have a glass screen protector on your S7? If so, could you recommend one?
    Good luck with that one...
    08-23-2016 05:27 AM
    Is that the same one VZW sells? Mine sucked. Bubbles wouldn't go away. Peeled up at bottom too.
    I don't know if they sell it or not. I bought both of mine at Best Buy and let them apply it.
    08-23-2016 12:58 PM
    Yes. Tempered glass.
    08-26-2016 06:50 PM
    Some say you don't need one but I don't think it's worth the risk. Walmart carries the Tzumi ProGlass tempered glass screen protector. Cheaper priced than other brands. Comes with a holder you slide the phone into so you don't touch the phone and it acts as a template and aligns the protector. Nice! Installation is a snap. Other brands could learn from this.
    TwitchyPuppy likes this.
    09-07-2016 01:18 AM
    I use spigens s7 crystal curve its not glass and feels so good they givr you 2 of them in box.
    09-07-2016 03:59 AM
    Personally, I haven't used a screen protector on my last 4 or 5 smartphones. I'm very careful to keep my phone in my front left pants pocket with nothing else (keys go in my right front pocket). I also have only dropped my phone once or twice. So, I don't feel a need to use a screen protector (knock on wood!)
    09-07-2016 05:12 AM
    Oh. That's because you got a plastic film! Try a tempered glass
    09-07-2016 08:49 AM
    Oh. That's because you got a plastic film! Try a tempered glass
    Many many reports that they bulge in middle reducing screen sensitivity. The black top also covers the blue.
    09-07-2016 08:50 AM
    Worry more about function and less about looks.
    04-21-2017 07:48 AM
49 12