Galaxy S7 - Way to keep lighted buttons at bottom on longer?

anon(730457)

Mar 24, 2012
Visit site
I was playing with the S7 yesterday and it's a great phone, but the damn buttons on the bottom keep turning off after a second, and I kept mistapping because I couldn't exactly tell where to tap in my peripheral vision. This is no problem on other Android phones for me; I dislike having to look or guess where the Back button is, but I found no option to keep them on or just fade to 50% or something, which seems more reasonable. I don't understand Samsung's obsession with trying to look like the iPhone or reverse Android's Back button.

Posted via the Android Central App

dpham00

Moderator Team VP
Apr 23, 2011
Visit site
Re: Way to keep lighted buttons at bottom on longer?

On the s6/note 5 , certain verisons had it in the settings. If it didn't then you can use the Galaxy Button lights app from the play store or do a few adb commands. Root isn't needed. Hopefully it will be the same for the s7

williams448

Dec 1, 2012
Visit site
On the S6 you just got to settings > display > touch key light duration & set it to your preference. I hope the S7 still has this feature.

Posted via the Android Central App using my Badass Galaxy S6

AXEL314

Apr 21, 2015
Visit site
On the S5, the timeout for those keys are actually adjustable in the settings. Hopefully they'll be the same case for the S7

Android Central App | S5 G900A kitkat root

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DragnDon